Getting back in the game. Need RAM advice.

Hello, old friends! After a long time away, I've finally bought some nice gear and will get back into O/Cing shortly. Here's a list of what's going into my new system:

• Asus Z170-A
  • Intel Core i5 6600k
  • Gigabyte 1050ti
  • Corsair H60 watercooling (I know, I know - but I like the all-in-one design)
  • Samsung EVO 960 NVMe
  • EVGA 650W Bronze

My question is about RAM - I originally bought G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 Trident Z. The board should have accepted DDR4 3200 sticks from what I can tell, but for some reason I couldn't get it to POST - I'm using a spare 2133 stick for now, and the system is up and running. I plan to push the i5 to 4.6GHz and want to get 16GB in with decent CAS latency and timing that can handle a little O/Cing.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

As always... DTTL! :ph34r:

Do you know anyone with a system you can test the G.Skill memory in? The default should be to boot up without XMP enabled, which would put it at the lowest common denominator between your CPU and the memory, likely 1866 or 2133...

Do you know anyone with a system you can test the G.Skill memory in? The default should be to boot up without XMP enabled, which would put it at the lowest common denominator between your CPU and the memory, likely 1866 or 2133...

I don't have another system to test the RAM on, however I did make sure XMP was disabled during testing.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick update: I ended up trying a different set of G.Skill and went with 16GB of Ripjaws V 3000. The system took these sticks with no problems running with XMP. I'm currently at 4.6ghz and couldn't be happier.