Help locating cause for crashing.

RADEON

Specs:

cpu: Intel core i5 3570k 1155

mem: 16gb, 2x8gb patriot ddr3 pc3-12800 1600mhz (intel extreme masters version)

MB: Intel DZ77RE-75K 

PSU: corsair tx750m

video card: evga gtx 770 2gb (superclocked edition)

HD: intel 120gb 330 series ssb + wd 500gb black sata drive

so basically my system will crash with out warning while playing some games. Some times while playing company of heroes and it will just CTD and that's it. The system dose not hang or reboot, just what ever game I may be playing will just close instantly. 

In the past it has blue screened but it has been some time since it has done that. The crashing seem completely random.

any one got any advice or ideas to try and track down the cause.

Thanks

Are you overclocking the CPU or GPU any? If so, are the overclocks stable? Likewise for the RAM.

How are the temperatures?

Have you ran Prime95, IBT, or other stress tests for stability?

No over clocking, everything is stock speeds.

What program can I use for temp monitoring? As far as I know temps are good though, I do not hear anything spinning up usually.

What is IBT?

Random hiccups can sometimes be amounted to Memory errors or system drivers as well

For starters after a good stability test I would check to see if the drivers are up to date. Grab them at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/63247/Intel-Desktop-Board-DZ77RE-75K

Also get the latest and greatest from Nvidia.com to make sure its solid.

If that doesn't fix it then Considering that the memory failure rate is the highest of all components then I woulds start there. In the case of a prime95 system error in testing that usually points to a memory fault. If it crashes the system completely that usually means the processor, motherboard or what surrounds it failed. 

Seeing that is an Intel board go download Intels desktop utility.  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20488/Intel-Desktop-Utilities  XTU or extreme tuning utility is an option this as well https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

so basically my system will crash with out warning while playing some games. Some times while playing company of heroes and it will just CTD and that's it. The system dose not hang or reboot, just what ever game I may be playing will just close instantly. 

In my experience the two most common issues in both COH games to give CTDs after random intervals WITHOUT a system crippling lockup/reboot seem to be video drivers and overclocks/overheating.  I would one try a different driver version either newer if out there or older if you're on the latest.

I would also monitor the video card temps during this with something like GPUz/Hardware monitor either keep it on a second monitor or both applications have the ability to track min/max temps.  If the card's getting hot (dust buildup, fan going bad, bad cooler mount etc) it could be crashing the game before it actually crashes anything else.  Similar case with the overclock, I know the SC edition cards are rated for the speeds they are sold at but they can degrade and become unstable just like the highest of overclocks.  You can try something like evga's own tool/MSI afterburner to actually under clock the card to see if  it fixes the issue, if so you would either need to RMA the card, or play this game (or others that crash) at a lower clock speed.

The other suggestions are good as well (You can never have too many stabilty tests :D) but given my track record (and that of several other friends) I would start here with these COH issues, might change depending on how other games react though.

On a side note, once you get the system stable again OCing the CPU can make for some nice boosts in COH performance wise :)