cooling problem

m0by

hey all...i just bought a swiftech mcxc370 heatsink with a delta fan for my AMD 850 Athlon but my cpu is still running at 53C.  I have intake and exhaust fans in my case, and Artic Silver compound but my comp is still runnin hot...i also used a cheaper globalwin heatsink and fan and got same results...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I just got the same heatsink with a YS tech fan.  It dropped my temp CPU temp from 53c to  35c.  I still need to run with the side of my case off until I get some better case fans in there.  Also, when the ambient temp in my house heats up, it does raise the cpu a degree or two.  One thing I had to do was switch to the Arctic Alumina.  Maybe it was just me, but I managed to get better contact with the Alumina rather than the Silver.  You might want to check the voltage on your CPU as well.  If you can change it in your BIOS, you might want to try bumping down and seeing if your system will remain stable.

well i lowered my vcore to 1.700 but it reads 1.73...but i'm only gettin a slight drop to about 49 C..which still seems high to me for an 850 athlon...so i rounded my IDE cables which sounds desperate but i am willing to try it...nothing goin yet...any more help would be greatly appreciated

Well.. I would.. If possible.. make an Intake one the front of ur case right across from the CPU on the case door.. I would say 120MM YStec Fan.. but an Aluminam mesh filter to keep the dust out... and in the back of the case.. If you could fit the same.. thing like.. were the PCI cards stick out.. But up near the processer.. so this way you get tons of intake on the fan.. and a very nice exaust..

Also.. In your case.. If you have more Intakes then Exausts.. thats not always a good thing..

If you have the tools / money.. I would give the 120MM fan thing a Try.. Im more then positive it will do the job.. It will be a nice intake over the CPU + u have the delta fan on the cpu taking the coolintake air in and pushing even more of it on the heatsink..

Also.. what are you using to check the temps?

Like the motherboard probe thing? that comes on the motherboard? because I have heard those are not always accurate.. if you have the cash get like compnurse.. and stick the probe down in there..

Hope that kind of helps..

l8rz