Need help installing the new GPU in the system!

geez! dont ever do that again :rtfm:

edit: so how's your fan now?

Didn't dare touch anything after that mini heart attack !!!!!!!!!!! I will just see if i can plug it to the motherboard somehow or just change it to a different power connector , it worked for my led light strip it should work for the fan too!

it should, or your fan had reached it's toll(but i doubt) otherwise if nothing changed after trying different power connectors.

Well the fan is brand new , a month old , but i'm gonna give it a shot , on a completely other note : The asus 670 dc2 is a BEAST! i can't believe how quiet and how powerfull this card is , at first i was considering SLI but after getting it in my hands that option won't cross my mind for a long time , i don't think i will need to OC it either for the time being , it boosts itself up to 1071MHZ! and i don't even have the OC version :) . all in all , an excellent product!

i have thoughts that this crappy adapter that comes with your fan giving you that issue;

top2.jpg?391816098

try to plug your fan directly at your mobo's fan headers just for testing purposes then see what will happen.

glad to hear how satisfied you are with your new card :)