Need help installing the new GPU in the system!

Ok my asus gtx 670 dc2 just arrived , as this is my first "upgrade" i really have no idea what to do ! Do i have to delete the drivers of the older card?( msi hd 6770) , i also got a new PSU , should i plug the psu first , test it out with the old card and then plug the new card? I really have no clue biggrin.gif

Do i have to delete the drivers of the older card?( msi hd 6770)

yes, as advised. and run driver sweeper before installing the 6770 as well.

your call with the PSU ;)

edit:

what's your PSU(current & new) btw?

Edited by sword_fish

Do i have to delete the drivers of the older card?( msi hd 6770)

yes, as advised. and run driver sweeper before installing the 6770 as well.

your call with the PSU ;)

edit:

what's your PSU(current & new) btw?

Installed both , currently downloading drivers for the GPU , my old PSU was an LC550W , my new is an XFX 750 Pro Core edition , funny problem i encountered is: i had a led light strip inside my machine just to give it a bit of a red taste , it worked all well and smooth with my old PSU but when i plugged it in the XFX 750 it doesn't "light up" as much as it did with my older one , the lights are still on but not as bright , which is really weird considering that my old psu was a 550W! 

Edit:  Furthermore i could swear that my top fan was running a bit faster ( using a CM HAF 920 case)

Edited by Justhavocman

is that LC550W from gigabyte? that's more than enough to run the 670, anyways...

your new XFX 750W looks solid though, here's a review from jonnyguru.com

tried re-seating your LED strip's power sockets? might be loose.

from which PSU that fan runs faster?

is that LC550W from gigabyte? that's more than enough to run the 670, anyways...

your new XFX 750W looks solid though, here's a review from jonnyguru.com

tried re-seating your LED strip's power sockets? might be loose.

from which PSU that fan runs faster?

Fixed the led light by plugging it on a different power connector although the FAN speed problem still persists! The fan has lower rpm with the XFX which is really weird!

wait, do we have CM 920? i was assuming it was CM 912 :dunno: cause i'm trying to figure out what sort of fan do you have on that case.

used any cable adapters with the fan? like the ones from this make/model.

you can increase/decrease the fan's rpm by using such. and from where is it drawing it's power?

wait, do we have CM 920? i was assuming it was CM 912 :dunno: cause i'm trying to figure out what sort of fan do you have on that case.

used any cable adapters with the fan? like the ones from this make/model.

you can increase/decrease the fan's rpm by using such. and from where is it drawing it's power?

My bad , HAF 922 and i got one of those fans http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6474 , it was running on normal rpm prior to changing my psu , i've got it plugged on a power adapter coming straight from the PSU

if you dont mind, what's your basis that it runs now much slower?

it's a slow speed fan(700rpm @ 16dB, much quiet) yet have a higher CFM as compared with my 140mm.

or could it be your new PSU fan runs much quiet than your former that's what you're missing? :dunno:

if you dont mind, what's your basis that it runs now much slower?

it's a slow speed fan(700rpm @ 16dB, much quiet) yet have a higher CFM as compared with my 140mm.

or could it be your new PSU fan runs much quiet than your former that's what you're missing? :dunno:

I mean it used to run 700 RPM and now it runs at 300-350 :S

hmm... half the speeds eh.. strange... :blink:

changed power socket?

I did the stupidest thing a man could do!!!!!!!!!!! I tried changing the power socket ....with some pliers....while the system was operational.....spark and rebooted on its own...thank god nothing got damaged  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh: