SLI, Is it worth it? for GTX 550 Ti

zuheirashraf

Hey guys, first of all, I'm new here and please be gentle with me because I might be slow.

anyway, this is my spec currently:

CPU: Intel

dual 550 ti's are roughly the equivalent of a gtx 570, so id say yes its completely worth it as you already have one of them

still, i need to get my hand on other PSU since i dont think my current one not supporting SLI.

sometime I'm not sure whether the graphic or processor is more important.

anyway, thanks!

A 600 watt psu will barely handle 2 550's so if you wanted to oc them or the cpu you might have problems, I would try and get a 750 watt just to be on the safe side. :)

For something as low power consumption as 550 Ti's, 750W is definitely not necessary.

A good quality 550W-600W power supply should do the trick.

Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

But honestly, you might as well sell off your current card and pick up a 650Ti or 660. It'll be a nice upgrade and you won't need to deal with the troubles of SLI scaling.

A 600 watt psu will barely handle 2 550's so if you wanted to oc them or the cpu you might have problems, I would try and get a 750 watt just to be on the safe side. :)

Well, its because I tried to use the psu voltage calculator here, With my setup + future SLI, it stated there my consumption not even reach 500w (485w) so I think 600W is enough. even with a slight OC, i didnt oc that much :D

or am I missing something?

For something as low power consumption as 550 Ti's, 750W is definitely not necessary.

A good quality 550W-600W power supply should do the trick.

Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

But honestly, you might as well sell off your current card and pick up a 650Ti or 660. It'll be a nice upgrade and you won't need to deal with the troubles of SLI scaling.

yeahh.. thanks for the suggestion.

i might also thinking the same think.

In order to buy the new single cards, i had to sold off the new one.

or

Buy another GTX 550 TI, I had to sold off PSU and buy a new PSU @@.

anyway, checked up on my local online seller. Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti OC 2GB around $225 while Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti is around $156 (+PSU $65-$80)

will made up my mind after christmas :D

anyway, thanks guys!