Drop in video card performance ?

Guest Trankop

The thumbnail changing may be due to your media program or a setting in Windows. Even the onboard graphics on my EeePC can handle live previews without lagging so it's almost surely not your GPU.

If your system is very slow all the time, then maybe your installation of Windows is messed up. You can always re-install Windows...is your C drive defragmented? Do you have many applications running on startup?

I'm just guessing around, but little things like these can sometimes make the whole system slow.

Guest Trankop

The thumbnail changing may be due to your media program or a setting in Windows. Even the onboard graphics on my EeePC can handle live previews without lagging so it's almost surely not your GPU.

If your system is very slow all the time, then maybe your installation of Windows is messed up. You can always re-install Windows...is your C drive defragmented? Do you have many applications running on startup?

I'm just guessing around, but little things like these can sometimes make the whole system slow.

Edited by Trankop

Well usually the HDD is overloaded at startup, not the RAM or CPU, but if you have a decent HDD it shouldn't be a problem. If you have an SSD then you've got nothing to be worried about.

Defragmenting actually helps a lot. Just don't use Windows defragmenter, a third-party defragmenter will serve you better (there are free ones, Defraggler for example works good).

Windows "degrades" over time, because you install and uninstall stuff, there are many unnecessary files and so forth, so over time Windows gets slower no matter what kind of hardware you have. Windows XP was worse at this than Windows 7 is, but still...

Try this (if you want): Download CCleaner (it's free), clean C: and the registry. After that download and install Defraggler, defragment your whole HDD (all partitions, if you have any) and after all that, restart your PC and see if there's a difference. If there is, it was Windows related, if there isn't, then you have another problem.

I don't have any idea what it could be. It's pretty much a guessing game.

Edited by IlijaPlayerP

Well usually the HDD is overloaded at startup, not the RAM or CPU, but if you have a decent HDD it shouldn't be a problem. If you have an SSD then you've got nothing to be worried about.

Defragmenting actually helps a lot. Just don't use Windows defragmenter, a third-party defragmenter will serve you better (there are free ones, Defraggler for example works good).

Windows "degrades" over time, because you install and uninstall stuff, there are many unnecessary files and so forth, so over time Windows gets slower no matter what kind of hardware you have. Windows XP was worse at this than Windows 7 is, but still...

Try this (if you want): Download CCleaner (it's free), clean C: and the registry. After that download and install Defraggler, defragment your whole HDD (all partitions, if you have any) and after all that, restart your PC and see if there's a difference. If there is, it was Windows related, if there isn't, then you have another problem.

I don't have any idea what it could be. It's pretty much a guessing game.

+1 on this,you can also dl crystal disk benchmark or other hd benchmark programs and they will give you a good idea if your hd is acting up.

Guest Trankop

Well usually the HDD is overloaded at startup,

+1 on this,you can also dl crystal disk benchmark or other hd benchmark programs and they will give you a good idea if your hd is acting up.

Edited by Trankop