GTX 560 TI OC

isq000

just were wondering if its possible to mount like 120 mm aftermarket fans (let's say CM SicleFlow or so) on GTX 560 grill ? without drilling/glue ect.Its just the stock fan's it got are quite loud :) and doesn't cool the GPU the way i want.

I tried to look around and couldn't find anyone who's done it before

P.S hope this is the right place for this topic >.>

You could probably do it but you wouldn't be able to control the fan speed based on GPU load...so if it wasn't enough to keep it cool you'd fry your card.

Zip ties would be my attachment type of choice if you're not going to mod the fan shroud. What specific card do you have? If it's one of the blower-style heatsinks you're not going to be able to cool it with a 120 mm fan.

You could probably do it but you wouldn't be able to control the fan speed based on GPU load...so if it wasn't enough to keep it cool you'd fry your card.

Zip ties would be my attachment type of choice if you're not going to mod the fan shroud. What specific card do you have? If it's one of the blower-style heatsinks you're not going to be able to cool it with a 120 mm fan.

its this one http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3707#ov ... well the cooling based on gpu load .. i know how it act's when i am playing game/ ect.If i do really mod the GPU the fan's would run with the max or atleast 2000 rpm

Hmm...if you pulled the fan shroud off you could probably fit a pair of 120 mm fans on there to cool it. I'd definitely watch your temps if you do try something like that though - make sure you don't get runaway temperatures under full load.

Hmm...if you pulled the fan shroud off you could probably fit a pair of 120 mm fans on there to cool it. I'd definitely watch your temps if you do try something like that though - make sure you don't get runaway temperatures under full load.

kk ty

one more question .. well might not be about the topic but its still about the GPU and it's temp. so how much the temp. of GPU and same goes for the system itself is dependent on Temp. in room ? bcause i noticed when the heating were not running the GPU idle temp were 34 - 36 C now when the heating is back on the temp is at 40 - 43 C .. i wouldn't say the room temp are so high just 20 - 25 C.

The hotter it is in the room the hotter the GPU will be. If for example your gpu is at 40 C when room temperature is 25 C , then if the room temperature is 30 C , let's say, then the GPU will be at 45 C. This is for air cooling. The room temp vs gpu temp is a linear function.

Edited by Rofltroll

The hotter it is in the room the hotter the GPU will be. If for example your gpu is at 40 C when room temperature is 25 C , then if the room temperature is 30 C , let's say, then the GPU will be at 45 C. This is for air cooling. The room temp vs gpu temp is a linear function.

right .. ok got it mate ty,but how big the difference would be if i had an WC ?

P.S i dont want to get annoying with all these questions but i like to learn about this kind of stuff :)