What do you think?

TheMainPimp

CPU: AMD FX 4100 @ 4.2Ghz

MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

GPU: GTX 570 @ 797MHz

HDD: Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm

RAM: 16GB Patriot 1333Mhz

Now, this cost me alot which i think is a let down as i bet i could sell it and get something better.

I am 15 & this thing cost me £700 including windows 7 license so that's like $1000.

Things i really want to change..

MOBO to anything able to OC i5 to 4Ghz

CPU to i5 2500K

RAM to 8GB of 1600Mhz

New Case which has good air cooling without spending more on market fans.

PSU is 700w or 750w, I'm not sure so that is fine as it is.

Cool L.E.D lighting in the new case.

Any good ideas?

Now i get some money around end of march but i doubt i'm getting enough to get any of them apart from RAM or the case.. i'll most likely get £60 or around £100 but i could be wrong.

Thanks.

CPU: AMD FX 4100 @ 4.2Ghz

MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

GPU: GTX 570 @ 797MHz

HDD: Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm

RAM: 16GB Patriot 1333Mhz

Now, this cost me alot which i think is a let down as i bet i could sell it and get something better.

I am 15 & this thing cost me £700 including windows 7 license so that's like $1000.

Things i really want to change..

MOBO to anything able to OC i5 to 4Ghz

CPU to i5 2500K

RAM to 8GB of 1600Mhz

New Case which has good air cooling without spending more on market fans.

PSU is 700w or 750w, I'm not sure so that is fine as it is.

Cool L.E.D lighting in the new case.

Any good ideas?

Now i get some money around end of march but i doubt i'm getting enough to get any of them apart from RAM or the case.. i'll most likely get £60 or around £100 but i could be wrong.

Thanks.

MOBO to anything able to OC i5 to 4Ghz - virtually any mobo will do this decide if you want p67 or z68 tho I would recommend z68

CPU to i5 2500K - good choice :thumbsup:

RAM to 8GB of 1600Mhz - do not do it keep your patriot RAM you will not see a difference in performance

New Case which has good air cooling without spending more on market fans - plenty to choose, ultimate budget on this component?

PSU is 700w or 750w, I'm not sure so that is fine as it is - what do you have?

Cool L.E.D lighting in the new case - LED fans could help you there and they give more even lighting the LED strip lighting use CCFL if you want additional light.

Also didn't you just build this build? What is happening with the mobo and cpu?

MOBO to anything able to OC i5 to 4Ghz - virtually any mobo will do this decide if you want p67 or z68 tho I would recommend z68

CPU to i5 2500K - good choice :thumbsup:

RAM to 8GB of 1600Mhz - do not do it keep your patriot RAM you will not see a difference in performance

New Case which has good air cooling without spending more on market fans - plenty to choose, ultimate budget on this component?

PSU is 700w or 750w, I'm not sure so that is fine as it is - what do you have?

Cool L.E.D lighting in the new case - LED fans could help you there and they give more even lighting the LED strip lighting use CCFL if you want additional light.

Also didn't you just build this build? What is happening with the mobo and cpu?

I didnt build this. I bought it off ebay (probably why it cost so much), The reason it did not build one myself is because i didn't know how PC's work as i always used laptops but now i know how they work etc then i am confident i can build one, hence why i am planning my next upgrades..

I do not know the PSU all i know is its 700w.

Could you be a legend and post links to some components..

The case is going to be my first upgrade so if you can post a case which is good with cooling and space etc and is below £100 ($157.33)

RAM is off my list then.

I just want the cheapest i5 2500K is can find which is working of course. along with the stock or other fan.

MOBO doesn't really bother me aswell as it lasts a while with i5 O.C to 4Ghz.

The case i have now has a little blue led intake fan in the side window.

So, if you could find the cheapest deals on the CPU,MOBO, CASE (first upgrade) then it would be great!

Well you can leave the current build as entirely working and in one price and I can help you put a build together from scratch however I would recomens take the 570 from the and fx build and split the RAM I assume it's 4x4Gb between the two builds so they will both have 2x4gb each.

Links to places you can buy.

Then I can put a proposed build together for you to look at.

I am thinking atm it will probably be:

-i5 2500k

-CM 212+/Evo

-Asrock z68 Extreme 3

-8Gb Patriot 1333 ddr3

-GTX 570

-Possibly something like CM 430 Elite Case with added CM 120mm Blue LED fans (they can be bought cheap in 2 packs)

-el cheapo HDD

Money is the thing i don't have alot of so i plan on having only 1 PC.

I could probably sell this computer for the same price i bought it which was £700.. i could probably get more as not alot of people know what a PC does haha.

so, i just want lists and prices possibly links.

That build you just posted looks great but if you can get a 500GB and a SSD for boot files then thats better.

i just don't have money to pay for all them new parts, thats like $800 for all that possibly more.. bare in mind im 15.

Yes and I ask again an you link a site you can buy from then I can make proper recommendations that take the prices you are being charged into account.

It also means I will know full availability lists of what you can get.

CPU - Intel CPU Core i5 2500K - 161

Mobo - Asus P8Z68-V LX - 78, or if you ever want to go SLI MSI Z68MA-G45 (B3 - 100

RAM - Reuse half the Patriot RAM

CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO - 23

Case - Coolermaster Elite 40 Black Mid Tower

Case fan - Coolermaster Blue LED Fan 12cm - 6 x 3

PSU - OCZ ZS Series 750W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply - 65

All prices inc VAT and some a rounded up to make it easy

With non sli board - 383 and with sli capable board 405 (you could save a little bit more ~15 or so tops if you went non sli and a lower capacity PSU I recommend stick with possible future sli and this PSU.

Did you want to add an SSD to this or SSD+HDD or HDD and what capacities yadda yadda as well as price?

CPU - Intel CPU Core i5 2500K - 161

Mobo - Asus P8Z68-V LX - 78, or if you ever want to go SLI MSI Z68MA-G45 (B3 - 100

RAM - Reuse half the Patriot RAM

CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO - 23

Case - Coolermaster Elite 40 Black Mid Tower

Case fan - Coolermaster Blue LED Fan 12cm - 6 x 3

PSU - OCZ ZS Series 750W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply - 65

All prices inc VAT and some a rounded up to make it easy

With non sli board - 383 and with sli capable board 405 (you could save a little bit more ~15 or so tops if you went non sli and a lower capacity PSU I recommend stick with possible future sli and this PSU.

Did you want to add an SSD to this or SSD+HDD or HDD and what capacities yadda yadda as well as price?

i prefer a SSD for boot speeds but not really bothered about that.. is that £405 for all that?

i prefer a SSD for boot speeds but not really bothered about that.. is that £405 for all that?

unless my math is failing me yes it is let me check

yep 405 is right so want me to factor some more things in? how much more are you willing to spend oh and remember this doesn't include atm OP Drive, HDD/SDD or Windows licence

unless my math is failing me yes it is let me check

yep 405 is right so want me to factor some more things in? how much more are you willing to spend oh and remember this doesn't include atm OP Drive, HDD/SDD or Windows licence

Well if i am going to afford all that, i would have to sell my current CPU, MOBO, HDD, whatever else im buying.. the PSU has ebay warranty on it so you can take that off as 700w is good.

£405 for that, wow shows howw much GPU adds the price up O_O..

I don't see myself selling a CPU, MOBO, CASE, HDD for £400.

What do you suggest?