airflow sharkoon scorpio 1000

beezjeh

Hello, im new to this forum and would like to have some information and advice about cooling mine new PC

Last month i put mine own PC together with the next components in it.

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz

Memory:Corsair Vengeance 8GB CML8GX3M2A1600C9 DDR3-1600MHz

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7.200RPM

Video Card:MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk

Sound Card:Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Bulk

Motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4

Computer Case: Sharkoon Scorpio 1000 + Cooler Master Real Power Pro M850

There is 2 pre-installed fans that came with the Sharkoon Scorpio 1000. 1x 120mm infront and 1x 120mm rear.

Im able to install 4 optional fans which are: 2x 120mm or 2x 140mm on top panel and 2x 120mm or 1x 200mm on side panel.

How mine question is how i would get a good airflow through mine PC. This is how it looks like now(i didn't do any cable management, will do it once i got the time for it.)

Link to the Picture

I also checked the next links:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/09/28/what-s-the-best-case-fan/8

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/09/28/what-s-the-best-case-fan/7

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/120-140-fans-roundup_28.html#sect0

To get some information about whats a good fan with good airflow but didn't understand anything of the graphs a dB of 30-50 would be good for me since the airflow is the most important thing for me.

I will also buy Noctua NH-D14 processor cooler to replace the stock intel cooler that you see on the picture.

Personally, I would do the traditional side and front as intakes with 120mm fans, and the rear and top as exhaust with 140mm on top.

For 120mm fans I would recommend the Scythe Gentle Typhoons.

For 140mm fans I would recommend the Scythe Slip Stream 140.

Edit: What are the sharkoon fans included? Are they the Silent Eagles?

Edited by PremiumAcc

Just put the 2 140mm fans in the top and slap that noctua cooler in there and you will be good to go. If you want a fan recommendation, then get some of these . They work very well and they wont break the bank. Other than that you are fine.

They don't have that fan that you linked in The Netherlands, So the 2x 120mm at the side panel is not needed?

Personally, I would do the traditional side and front as intakes with 120mm fans, and the rear and top as exhaust with 140mm on top.

For 120mm fans I would recommend the Scythe Gentle Typhoons.

For 140mm fans I would recommend the Scythe Slip Stream 140.

Edit: What are the sharkoon fans included? Are they the Silent Eagles?

Thanks for your advice, i don't have any idea which ones i got in mine system.

I guess its the 120mm one with 1000rpm. Also the bad thing is that it's damn hard to replace the fan thats pre-installed at the front. I would like to replace that one with a fan with high RPM.