QNAP NAS Folder Access Rights

pelpinda

I have 2 user groups. Admin and everyone. The admin is also part of the group everyone. How can I get the admin out of this group. What I like to achieve is only give the admin the right to delete or create folders. And the admin has access to folders the users from the everyone group do not have access to.

Know to create this I need to give the usergroup everyone access to more folders then I would like.

Hopefully there is someone who can help me out to create this. It is really difficult for a newbie.

Edit: what I previously wrote turns out to not actually work...

What you need to do is:

1) Create another group, e.g. "users", and add non-admin users to this group, set the folder access rights restrictive as applicable.

2) Remove all non-admin users from group "administrators", set folder access rights open as applicable.

3) Set individual folders to Deny guest access, and/or Hidden (Hide Network Drive)

Edit: what I previously wrote turns out to not actually work...

What you need to do is:

1) Create another group, e.g. "users", and add non-admin users to this group, set the folder access rights restrictive as applicable.

2) Remove all non-admin users from group "administrators", set folder access rights open as applicable.

3) Set individual folders to Deny guest access, and/or Hidden (Hide Network Drive)