OC advice for Phenom II

I have the same CPU as you, and mine is clocked at 3.4 with just the multiplier and a slight voltage increase. I, however, have a Noctua NH-D14 and the temps are kept relatively cool, nowhere near the threshold limit. I thought had it stable at 3.6 for a good time but then it BSOD and I just reverted back to 3.4.

In my opinion, I suggest you should stick with what you got. Buying new ram, if anything, will just get you a slight increase. Also, if your temperatures are high, I would suggest to buy a new cooler.

Just curious why you recommend he needs a new rig when

1- that is not the topic of the thread

2- you do not know the financial status of the OP

Flver, your rig will handel anything ya throw at it but it won't break speed records. A better heatsink will get ya more overclock but memory will not. You will get within 100MHz with DDR3 and DDr2. I would wait to go DDR3 when your ready for a new system. Your PSU is fine for now.

By the time you buy a new mobo, Ram, heatsink you might as well buya new CPU and spend a few hundred more. My humble advise.

First off I said I agree with Boinker about the new/upgraded rig. So if you want to blame someone, blame him.

An yes, I don't know the financial status of the OP. I specifically said, "before you go buy something new, let us see if we can make what you have now work". That means I am taking his financial situation to heart and was trying to make it so that he wouldn't have to spend any money at all. The only reason I suggested a new rig is because if by any chance he does have the money, he would see a vast improvement over the cpu he has now.

Lastly, I knew I was off topic which is why I said, I WILL GET BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND.

So I don't know what your deal is.