need help/advice on watercooling

StoneBridge

how many degrees can i possibly gain from getting the faster pump you suggested? cause i'm already a bit over budget :whistling:

and i can only fit one 120mm fan in my case, and there is not enough space for an backside mount. so the xspc rads are not relevant for me. :-/

Would this work for you

Pump - Alphacool VPP655 - single edition

Res - XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir for Laing D5

CPU waterblock - EK Water Blocks EK-Supreme LTX AMD - Plexi

Rads - Phobya G-Changer 120 and Phobya G-Changer 280

Cost - $291.47 (USD) or 1625,83 kr (NOK)

Would this work for you

Pump - Alphacool VPP655 - single edition

Res - XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir for Laing D5

CPU waterblock - EK Water Blocks EK-Supreme LTX AMD - Plexi

Rads - Phobya G-Changer 120 and Phobya G-Changer 280

Cost - $291.47 (USD) or 1625,83 kr (NOK)

yeah, that looks like a good combination! now i just need the tubing and fittings, is there any reason to buy the more expensive products, or can i just go with the cheapest?

and i think i'm going for two Yate Loon D14SH-12. i already have two CM blademaster fans i can use on the 120mm rad :)

With fittings barbs will be cheaper but won't look as good as compression. However also have the added bonus that they can generally be less prone to leaking when clamped off.

Tube get a decent quality tube and make sure you check inner and outer diameters to make sure you have the right size.

Fans Yate loon is good but bare in mind those fans and the blademasters are really damn loud you may want to undervolt them with a fan controller so noise levels are more tollarable.

With fittings barbs will be cheaper but won't look as good as compression. However also have the added bonus that they can generally be less prone to leaking when clamped off.

Tube get a decent quality tube and make sure you check inner and outer diameters to make sure you have the right size.

Fans Yate loon is good but bare in mind those fans and the blademasters are really damn loud you may want to undervolt them with a fan controller so noise levels are more tollarable.

is this tube good enough?

and fittings

i plan to use either this or this one to control the fans!

Edit: can i use the fan controller to control the pump? and can i use distilled or boiled water in the loop?

Edit 2: i found this review on the pump/res you recommended( 1200L/H @12v ) and the difference between it and the phobya pump/res ( 800L/H @12v) is not that great in performance , so i don't know if its worth it?

Edited by StoneBridge

In a restricted environment yes with 1/2" tubes the d5 pumps pull alot further away although you should still get more than adequet performance from that pump/res if you want to save more. you have picked your tube and fittings right.

Good to see you are going coloured tube not coolant. Just run distilled water and put a silver kill coil in it somewhere.

Either are good but you can get others cheaper however if you are willing to spend up in that region and will be saving on the pump. This Scythe Kaze Master is brilliant. Control for 6 fans as well as monitoring 6 different fan speeds and 6 different temps if you wish it comes with 8 temp probes in case you bust any.

Edited by Stonerboy779

ok, this is my shopping cart.. am i doing it right? :biggrin:

i'm probably gonna order after christmas, maybe i'll get it a bit cheaper :)

Very good looks alright.

At the money your spending on that Lamptron controller get the Scythe one instead.

I will fix the link which I messed up and here it is.

You will be able to control all 6 of your fans and have as many or as little of the temp sensors set up as you like.

Very good looks alright.

At the money your spending on that Lamptron controller get the Scythe one instead.

I will fix the link which I messed up and here it is.

You will be able to control all 6 of your fans and have as many or as little of the temp sensors set up as you like.

yeah,i know that a fan only uses about 1-2 watts. but the schyte has "only" 11watts per channel*6=66watts total. the lamptron has 30watt per channel*4= 120 watt total. i know i dont need that much. but i dont think im gonna use any of the temp sensors, it just adds alot of "unessecery" cables IMO :)

but after reading som reveiws the lamptron looks easy to use IMO. and i can shut the fans completly off!

Edited by StoneBridge

yeah,i know that a fan only uses about 1-2 watts. but the schyte has "only" 11watts per channel*6=66watts total. the lamptron has 30watt per channel*4= 120 watt total. i know i dont need that much. but i dont think im gonna use any of the temp sensors, it just adds alot of "unessecery" cables IMO :)

but after reading som reveiws the lamptron looks easy to use IMO. and i can shut the fans completly off!

The fans you just got draw only just over 2 watts which is nowhere near 11 and even further from 30. With the lamptron you will loose the ability to control 2 of your fans unless you play around with cable splitters. It also has temp sensing but if you want to stay with the lamptron controllers at least choose the fc6 instead of fc5 v2 it will save you 30kr for all the same features just 20watts instead of 30 and you would still be able to use a splitter to control two fans at once of one channel ie. two 140mm fans on one side and then the two 140s on the other side of the 280 rad.