1 server+1 desktop combined=?

Indevious

Well for starters I am way out of the loop. I used to build custom gaming rigs and do repairs/upgrades for people but that is going on 6 years ago. I bought a pre-built about a year ago. This is something I would swore I would never do but laziness, price, and convenience made me do it and now I pay. I bought a Acer Aspire x3200 and a few days ago had the PSU blow which fried the cheap mobo and the vid card. I also have a Dell poweredge 1435 which I am using now for writing this. It's a old server I used to run a private MMORPG server last year but due to time shortages has to close it and have it shipped to my house. We were actually using it and the box it is in as a makeshift coffee table for our basement lol. So now I need to figure out a way to come up with a decent rig out of this server and my pre-built POS. I do plan on building a better rig in the next year as I love to OC and push limits but for now finances have me just needing to get by for now.

We watch alot of movies and prefer HD (1080) with a good sound system.

Here are the specs on the 2 computers.

Acer x3200

CPU: AMD Phenom Quad Core (speed I think was 1.8?)

RAM: 4GB

HD: Seagate 600 GB SATA 2

DVD: No idea but Blue-Ray supported

Dell Poweredge SC 1435

MOBO: No idea but says it has pci look here for general specs Click For Specs

Ram: 12GB DDR 2

CPU: 2x Dual Core Opteron (2.0 GHZ)

HD: 2x 3.5" SAS (15K rpm): 73GB

I had thought of using the poweredge with external video and audio cards but the thing is just too noisy. So what would you do?

Edited by Indevious

I would sell both and build a new PC.

I figured somebody would say that but trying to find somebody to buy is near impossible for me. I don't ebay and don't know anybody that would buy so basically no connections for selling these.

I figured somebody would say that but trying to find somebody to buy is near impossible for me. I don't ebay and don't know anybody that would buy so basically no connections for selling these.

You should ebay or CL.