q9550 problems

stobbsie

hi guys just wanting some information please,i have a q9550 and a asus p5qse mobo now ive set the fsb to 400 and multiplier to 8.5 my problem is in cpuz and everest it shows my fsb at 400mhz but both of them show cpu at 2400mhz and multiplier at x6

then it will change to 3400mhz and multiplier at 8.5 then after 2 seconds changes back to show as x6 and 2400mhz have i missed some setting in the bios if you guys could help me i would appreciate it very much thanks

also windows system information ses the cpu as 3400mhz if that helps in any way

Edited by stobbsie

hi guys just wanting some information please,i have a q9550 and a asus p5qse mobo now ive set the fsb to 400 and multiplier to 8.5 my problem is in cpuz and everest it shows my fsb at 400mhz but both of them show cpu at 2400mhz and multiplier at x6

then it will change to 3400mhz and multiplier at 8.5 then after 2 seconds changes back to show as x6 and 2400mhz have i missed some setting in the bios if you guys could help me i would appreciate it very much thanks

You need to disable EIST and C1E and it will no longer down-clock in times of low usage.

You need to disable EIST and C1E and it will no longer down-clock in times of low usage.

lol im not sure how i find them in my bios m8 i havent ever seen anything called eist or c1e ......thanks for the super fast reply though .i need to try to research them

lol im not sure how i find them in my bios m8 i havent ever seen anything called eist or c1e ......thanks for the super fast reply though .i need to try to research them

ok i managed to disable c1e but cant find the eist or figure out what i may be called in my motherboard bios

ok i managed to disable c1e but cant find the eist or figure out what i may be called in my motherboard bios

still havent figuered out how to disable eist=go stepping i think but with jst c1e disabled both everest and cpuz now see and keep the overclock setting now

still havent figuered out how to disable eist=go stepping i think but with jst c1e disabled both everest and cpuz now see and keep the overclock setting now

Okay, EIST is intel speed step, but it might already be disabled by default. I guess if turning off just C1E fixed your problem then that's just fine and dandy. :thumbsup: