Hacking NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM

maxxx15

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BURG works if I have atleast 1 Linux distro installed...WHAt if I have 2 XP installed or 2 Windows 7 installed???

Bootloaders don't care what's on your hard drives. You could install 9 copies of XP and it wouldn't make any difference...

Bootloaders don't care what's on your hard drives. You could install 9 copies of XP and it wouldn't make any difference...

Hey thanks i am succesful in working with BURG..Is there any other way of doing this???I mean to say i want to do it without any software...Is it possible???

I don't understand what you mean. The bootloader is software.

I mean to say that is there any way of putting a background image in boot loader without any software like BURG..I mean by using hex editors,cant we modify the bootloader??

There's really no point to that. Even if it's doable, it's incredibly risky to do so, especially when it appears that your knowledge of hacking is limited. Your best bet is to just use BURG, it's simpler and safer.

BURG is no doubt safe and serves my pupose..but I would like to go indepth so that I can understand how it is done..

BURG is no doubt safe and serves my pupose..but I would like to go indepth so that I can understand how it is done..

The easiest way to do this is to write your own bootloader, not by hacking into an already compiled executable.

The easiest way to do this is to write your own bootloader, not by hacking into an already compiled executable.

Can you help me in writing a bootloader or can you post me any link which will be any use???

Thanks in advance

Can you help me in writing a bootloader or can you post me any link which will be any use???

Thanks in advance

With the questions you've been asking...probably not. You're best off finding a book or class on how bootloaders work.