Hacking NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM

maxxx15

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no real idea what you're asking or why you're asking it. You can't "hack" anything in the NT bootloader for faster boot times...and even if you could, why would you? XP boots in so little time on modern hardware...

There's a few registry changes you can do that will speed things up, but I don't know about boot time.

From what I remember the most effective thing you could change was the shutdown time, which has a default of like 2 minutes in XP.

I have no real idea what you're asking or why you're asking it. You can't "hack" anything in the NT bootloader for faster boot times...and even if you could, why would you? XP boots in so little time on modern hardware...

+1 lol2.gif

If NTLDR can be hacked then xp can can be loaded more faster....NTLDR is the bootloader of xp..so by hacking it we can also put a bootloader background image while choosing the os

Changing the image is easy, there's been tools to do that for a long time (I remember doing it back in 2001-2002 or so).

Why do you think that "hacking" the bootloader will make it boot faster? What do you expect to "hack" out without crippling something? It's an extremely simple bootloader...

Changing the image is easy, there's been tools to do that for a long time (I remember doing it back in 2001-2002 or so).

Why do you think that "hacking" the bootloader will make it boot faster? What do you expect to "hack" out without crippling something? It's an extremely simple bootloader...

how to change the background image??

It changes the boot screen imge..I am not talking of that..

how to put an image in bootloader..the screen where you are asked to choose os

What?

If you're booting multiple operating systems you shouldn't be using the NT bootloader. You want something like this: http://agnipulse.com/2010/09/graphical-boot-loader-burg/