Overclocking a Core 2 Duo E7400

Barreto

And, therein probably lays your problem. The only thing I can recommend that might get those miss-matched memory sticks running much past 832Mhz is to set the four primary timings to 6-6-6-18 and memory voltage to 2.0v

That memory probably wont last long at 2.0v but you might get an extra 40-50Mhz out of it for a while.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, therein probably lays your problem. The only thing I can recommend that might get those miss-matched memory sticks running much past 832Mhz is to set the four primary timings to 6-6-6-18 and memory voltage to 2.0v

That memory probably wont last long at 2.0v but you might get an extra 40-50Mhz out of it for a while.

Couldn't set the last timing to 18, only to 15, but I was able to get 343 FSB and no BSODs (already played F.E.A.R. 3 and Metro 2033 for a while).

Let's see if it's gonna stay stable.

That may be about the best you get out of that board and those memory sticks. I did some reading on your specific board last night, and it's widely accepted that it isn't the best board for overclocking. And I see that your results are close to what most anyone else has been able to do.

That may be about the best you get out of that board and those memory sticks. I did some reading on your specific board last night, and it's widely accepted that it isn't the best board for overclocking. And I see that your results are close to what most anyone else has been able to do.

Ah, that's bad... I'm currently running at 343 FSB (3.6GHz CPU clock) stable. Looks like the latency tweaking has worked, because when I was using the default latencies, I got BSOD a couple of times. I set the timings to the max available, which is 6-6-6-15, at 667MHz and my computer is turned on since yesterday.

Well... Anyway, I'm changing motherboard, CPU and memory sticks until this month's end.