Amd phenon II 955be

RiftRunner

I hope someone out there that knows all about OC will let me know if i overclocked my CPU correctly, I have the AMD Phenom II 955BE @ 4.0ghz, just set my FSB back to 200 and change multiplier to x20 and it works fine. Is there anything else i should adjust to insure no type of bottleneck ?

i ran msi's kombustor 2.0 for a 5 min burn and it wavered between 49 and 50 degrees celcius

msi kombustor is for gpu i think ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¡

use prime 95 , and 5 min is not enough

Edited by cery25

i ran msi's kombustor 2.0 for a 5 min burn and it wavered between 49 and 50 degrees celcius

Kombustor only stresses your GPUs. Use Prime95 or IntelBurnTest to check your CPU. 4 hours on prime and an hour on IBT will pretty much insure stability.

Kombustor only stresses your GPUs. Use Prime95 or IntelBurnTest to check your CPU. 4 hours on prime and an hour on IBT will pretty much insure stability.

i cant even rum prime95 with my cpu at 3.2ghz(default settings) for mor that a minute witout my cpu temp hetting my 55 degree celcius failsafe setting, is it safe to let my cpu run hotter than that ?

i cant even rum prime95 with my cpu at 3.2ghz(default settings) for mor that a minute witout my cpu temp hetting my 55 degree celcius failsafe setting, is it safe to let my cpu run hotter than that ?

TURN DOWN YOUR OVERCLOCK NOW!

You can't overclock if you can't keep your chip cool at stock.