Amd phenon II 955be

RiftRunner

OK, not sure where to start, i know nothing about overclocking, i know i am not getting the performance out of what i have, so if someone could tell me how to go about overclocking this junker i would realy apreciate the help, ok, this is what i got

CPU: AMD Phenom II 955be x4 3.2ghz

MOBO: MSI NF750-G55

GPU: MSI N550gxt-ti cyclone II 1gd5 (hybrid sli with onboard nvidia geforce 8200)

RAM: 8g Gskill Sniper ddr3

HDD: samsung 640gb 7200rpm 16mb cache 3gbs

PSU: Antec hcg 750w

Not getting the perfrmance where. I can tell you now that is a Good system just not top of the line as I see it.

Is the video choppy?? The video card can be upgraded to a 570 or 580 so long at the psu is a good brand 700 or better Watts in my opinion.

Does it boot slow??? You can get an 80 or better ssd to use on the operating system and a 500 or better gig standard drive to make the system respond much faster.

Stuff not load quickly??? Overclock the dog out of it. For that you can use dolks guide to the Phenom II. I'm on a smart phone ATM so please Google him and you will find a guide. Just make sure you use a temp monitor and a good hsf.

Not getting the perfrmance where. I can tell you now that is a Good system just not top of the line as I see it.

Is the video choppy?? The video card can be upgraded to a 570 or 580 so long at the psu is a good brand 700 or better Watts in my opinion.

Does it boot slow??? You can get an 80 or better ssd to use on the operating system and a 500 or better gig standard drive to make the system respond much faster.

Stuff not load quickly??? Overclock the dog out of it. For that you can use dolks guide to the Phenom II. I'm on a smart phone ATM so please Google him and you will find a guide. Just make sure you use a temp monitor and a good hsf.

i do get choppy video on a few games, it boots very slow 47 sec boot time, and i do have slow load times, i know this thing is capable of more , but i know nothing about overclocking, not sure where to start

i do get choppy video on a few games, it boots very slow 47 sec boot time, and i do have slow load times, i know this thing is capable of more , but i know nothing about overclocking, not sure where to start

The slow boot is more the HD than anything else, spindle drives are just not going to get lightning fast boots.

Depending on the games you are getting issues with this could just be the video card.

While the system may not be top end it is FAR from a junker, this is a solid basic system with some room for minor updates to push it up a notch. As for the Hybrid SLI I would just ignore it and use the descrete card alone.