My build and OC

Hi guys, just wanted some opinions from you guys. My build is as follow :

case: thermaltake v9 black edition

mobo: 790gx-g65

cpu: phenom 1055t x6 3.5ghz oc : vcore 1.293v in BIOS, 1.3v on CPUZ idle and 1.344v under load. (is it normal for it to bump itself up?)

cooler: stock with dual fan

psu: cooler master GX-750

GPU: 5770 sapphire vapor-x

ram: 4gb kingston hyperx 1600mhz 9-9-9-27

SSD: intel v25 40gb

HDD: 1TB Baracuda Seagate

What do you guys think about this build? And as far as my OC goes, I find 3.5ghz stable at 1.293vcore with 44 degrees under prime 95 and about 18degrees idle (after about 10min idle time). I find that as soon as I go over 3.5ghz, my vcore has to go up exponentially, and I cant get a stable 3.8-4 ghz. I have tried 4ghz at 1.466v, but prime95 always crashes. Also to note, at 1.466v, when underload cpuz shows 1.504v or 1.512v, so i do not want to go there. Is there a reason for the spike of voltage? Or are all mobo and cpu like that when it comes to being under load?

So yea, please let me know what you think about this build and possible upgrades in the future. And as for the stock fan mod, I have simply attached another cpu fan on top of of the original one. Something like this (fan)(fan)(heatsink)(cpu) all stacked together.

Hi guys, just wanted some opinions from you guys. My build is as follow :

case: thermaltake v9 black edition

mobo: 790gx-g65

cpu: phenom 1055t x6 3.5ghz oc : vcore 1.293v in BIOS, 1.3v on CPUZ idle and 1.344v under load. (is it normal for it to bump itself up?)

cooler: stock with dual fan

psu: cooler master GX-750

GPU: 5770 sapphire vapor-x

ram: 4gb kingston hyperx 1600mhz 9-9-9-27

SSD: intel v25 40gb

HDD: 1TB Baracuda Seagate

What do you guys think about this build? And as far as my OC goes, I find 3.5ghz stable at 1.293vcore with 44 degrees under prime 95 and about 18degrees idle (after about 10min idle time). I find that as soon as I go over 3.5ghz, my vcore has to go up exponentially, and I cant get a stable 3.8-4 ghz. I have tried 4ghz at 1.466v, but prime95 always crashes. Also to note, at 1.466v, when underload cpuz shows 1.504v or 1.512v, so i do not want to go there. Is there a reason for the spike of voltage? Or are all mobo and cpu like that when it comes to being under load?

So yea, please let me know what you think about this build and possible upgrades in the future. And as for the stock fan mod, I have simply attached another cpu fan on top of of the original one. Something like this (fan)(fan)(heatsink)(cpu) all stacked together.

If you just bought the mobo its a bad choice. There is no upgrade path... Your dead if you wanna get Bulldozer. You will not just need a processor but a motherboard too.if you want to overclock you need a aftermarket cooler. Basically, half the system is OK( PSU, Memory,SSD)

Edited by Drdeath