i5 2500k (d2) + ASUS Sabertooth p67

aShadow

Hello everyone, just popping in here to hopefully get a stable OC for my system as this is the first time im doing it and im not very familiar with it! I have read a lot of guides and such but it is all very confusing at times so a pictures slideshow or something similar with the same Mobo would be really helpfull!

I have the d2 version on the i5 2500k and as I understand it is harder to achieve higer clocks with it? Anyway my aim is somewhere around 4,4 and 4,5ghz (stable obviously) with AIR cooling (CM Hyper 212+)

I have software such as Prime95, CoreTemps and CPU-Z to monitor my stock values.

Idle Vcore according to CoreTemps are 0.9957v at 1600mhz and when the turbo kicks in to 3700 the v is 1.3361 - however it differs from CPUz where I get slightly different stats.

Temperatures now in idles are around 33-37 C.

A step by step guide would be so helpful as im so fed up of just reading weird names and loads of numbers as it does my head in to be honest haha!

I also understand that I might have to change the fan speeds and such for optimal cooling? Ive got 3 200mm CM led ones in the chassi including 1x 140mm schyte at the back + the 140mm for the Hyper 212+

Thanks in advance, hopefully I can get this sorted

So I decided to follow this guide at first to try it out and did exactly what it said for the 4ghz OC.

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overclocking/39184-p67-sandy-bridge-overclocking-guide-beginners.html

However it got stuck on windows loading screen the first time around with 1.12 volts so i decided to increase it and did so to 1.20 and it started up but when I ran Prime it crashed and I got BSOD. the 1# core died I think.

Am I supposed to mess around with the dram settings and that or can I leave that on auto?

This . is so scary I dont want to brake my new pc but I want to OC it.