Thermaltake A60 Cooling Potential

Kalawala

Hey guys,

I have a Thermaltake A60 case and I just want to maximize the cooling capability that it may have. Currently I am air cooling it because liquid cooling is not in the budget. If you know the case or have looked it up, it comes with one 120mm fan in the front pushing air in, one 120mm fan in the back pulling air out, and one 200mm fan on the top pulling air up and out.

I currently am not overclocking it nor is it the strongest computer out there but it is strong enough for my tastes. I just wish to be sure my components maintain a long healthy life. Currently I have two 1tb harddrives and one 500gb harddrive, one dvd rom, one Radeon 5850, 600w power supply bottom mounted, a pci card for two additional usb ports, a tv tuner card, 3 sticks of 2 gb of ram, and then the CPU cooler is a 92mm Thermaltake Silent 1156.

My case has the potential of an additional 120mm (or 1 200mm instead of have 2 120mm fans) in the front, an additional 120mm fan on the top, 120mm fan on the side casing, and 120mm fan on the bottom. Do you have any recommendations on if I should try to increase the amount of fans and if so, where would be the place to optimize my cooling potential.

Thanks.

- move stock 120mm from front to side intake

- 200mm front fan intake

- 120mm or 140mm with 120mm mounting holes as bottom intake

- leave 120mm stock as rear exhaust leave 200mm top exhaust if you want mod the case to accept a second 200mm fan for awesome looks outside and massive increase in airflow

If you mod you will need to custom mount standing the fan off of the case partially at the rear. to maintain best air flow and least noise standing it off with a rubber or foam ring that can be cut from a square of appropriate thickness with a hole cut-out in the diameter of the fan is my suggestion. I personally think it is silly to have such a large section of grill for one 120mm fan to dangle in the centre of.

The cooling potential can expand exponentially with any case if you are willing to get creative and inventive. It also make the build more personal and involved, my two cents.

I definitely appreciate the input and do believe I will go along with it. With that being said do you have any input on the case fans to get? I've been doing research with the 200mm but it seems pretty off and on with the reviews. One will be negative one will be positive.

I do have the standard blue LED that the case came with and would like to stick with that if that is possible.

I will continue to research as well but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I definitely appreciate the input and do believe I will go along with it. With that being said do you have any input on the case fans to get? I've been doing research with the 200mm but it seems pretty off and on with the reviews. One will be negative one will be positive.

I do have the standard blue LED that the case came with and would like to stick with that if that is possible.

I will continue to research as well but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The coolermaster 200mm fan I linked in pushes 110cfm at 19db. It's clear and lights up blue so it already matches the fan in your case. Now there is some other fans like the nzxt 200mm that push 135cfm I think it was but it doesn't light up it's also white and if that doesn't fit the design it will stand out.

Doug and I did a build for his son in this case and it can become a great positive airflow case. We put in the 120mm at the top for exhaust with the 200 that is there. Next we added the 2nd 120mm to the front and reversed the rear fan to make it an intake and added a 120 at the bottom ofr intake. Now add in the side intake and you have some serious positive air pressure and the chimney effect from the two fans for top exhaust should keep the system nice and cool.

That fan I believe happens to be a 200x200x30 instead of a x20. Unfortunately I do not think that it will be able to fit in my case. Is there any others you would recommend that would be x20?

Depending on clearance above your motherboard a 30mm deep fan may fit but the hdd rack will be an issue for the front intake and moving the stock 200 to there would be better.