overclock my Intel Core i7 980 without X 3.3ghz to 4.0

MAOMA

I'm new to the world of overclocking, but I have a 3.3GHz Intel Core i7 980 without X with a ULTRA CHILLTEC BLACK and I want a stable configuration in 4.0 or 4.2GHz and I wonder what do I have to change in my BIOS of a motherboard ASUS sabertooth X58, and does not damage the PC that fast.

or if someone know where I can find something about the relationship between multipliers, clock speeds and all those things or if there is a table of proportions between the values ​​that I have to change to a stable configuration but with higher performance.

my pc

INTEL CORE I7 980 3.3GHZ

ULTRA CHILLTEC BLACK Thermo Electric cpu Cooler

CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 12GB 3 X 4GB RAM

ASUS SABERTOOTH X58

EVGA GTX 570 Classified

CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY

WD CAVIAR BLACK 750GB SATA 6GB

THERMALTAKE ELEMENT G MID TOWER

Edited by MAOMA

Welcome to OCC and the Overclocking World. One good thing you are going to need to do is look into a guide or two that are based for overclocking Beginners and likely one for your chip as the I7 has an extreme amount of control settings that you will eventually have to use. And as far as the settings there are no majic settings. There are some screw efficientcy settings BUT they normally dont get you a stable overclock that is reliable.

I cant find a good beginners guide at this time. Ill message you back when I actually find one.

This guide Will be good for overclocking the 980. You just overclock the same way you would any I7 with the Base clock or Bclk. also this guide has a BSOD code reference guide so you have an Idea on what to do when the BSOD's start happening and you must adjust the Bios to resolve stability.