H50 in an Asgard II

Would it mount properly? If not, what's the cheapest case on Newegg that would have an adequate design for such a cooler? The AGII is 30$, tool-less, spacious and has decent fan options which is why I'd really like to use it.

Edited by nikola19283

Would it mount properly? If not, what's the cheapest case on Newegg that would have an adequate design for such a cooler? The AGII is 30$, tool-less, spacious and has decent fan options which is why I'd really like to use it.

If you can give me a few hours I will check for you. I have an Antec H2O 620 sitting on my desk and as luck would have it a brand new Asgard II in a box behind me. Let me ghet some stuff done here I need to do and I will have an answer by tonight.

Okay I am not one of those that likes to wait when I get curious. So I grabbed a PSU and the 620 and opened up the case.

As the picture shows it will fit a 620 however it HAS to be oriented with the tubes down. The tube end is a little longer than the other end and would not line up right for mounting. Below is a pic showing this.

Asgard II with H2O 620

Not sure how this will effect an H50, do not have one currently within easy reach.

Seems Wordpress does not like me remote linking, lets see if this works any better.

Edited by ComputerEd

Okay I am not one of those that likes to wait when I get curious. So I grabbed a PSU and the 620 and opened up the case.

As the picture shows it will fit a 620 however it HAS to be oriented with the tubes down. The tube end is a little longer than the other end and would not line up right for mounting. Below is a pic showing this.

Asgard II with H2O 620

Not sure how this will effect an H50, do not have one currently within easy reach.

Seems Wordpress does not like me remote linking, lets see if this works any better.

Sorry for the late reply - thanks for the effort! Seems like the H50 should work considering how similar these two models are in design.

Once again, thanks!

Nikola,

If you have not yet bought the Asgard II hold off.

I also got with the Asgard II an NZXT Source 210. The Source 210 is a MUCH nicer case and the cost is nearly the same. You can mount dual 120/140 fans at the top, dual 120 front and a 120 bottom in addition to the stock 140 in the rear. Plus it has decent cable management.