ASRock RMA experience

iskout

I stumbled upon this thread from googling "asrock rma". My P67 Extreme 4 board crapped out on me last week after getting the B3 replacement from newegg in March. Bought the original in January, Intel had the recall, Newegg sent me the B3 version. Rig was running fine then all of a sudden the computer just powered down like somebody yanked the power cord. At first I suspected the power supply but it passed the paper clip test. Unhooked every cable, did the 1 stick of RAM in slot 1, CPU, GPU but still nothing. No beeps, no lights, nada. I noticed the fan turns 1 centimeter and stops when I press the power button directly on the mobo. I use a tech-bench for my case so the mobo sits on rubber bumpers, no metal anywhere for a short. No burnt smell, no black marks anywhere to indicate a popped/fried transistor. Has to be the mobo or CPU. In my years building computers I've never, ever seen a bad/fried CPU but have seen my share of bad mobos, DOAs and flat-out failures.

I went to ASRock's USA website and was a little disappointed at the "you can only send us an email describing what's wrong" RMA option. I've built hundreds of computers over 12 years and have done more troubleshooting than all the Geek Squad employees at the local BB combined. Yet I have to do the dance with ASRock, fine. If anybody gets a number to customer support, please post it. Always faster getting things done via phone than email.

I stumbled upon this thread from googling "asrock rma". My P67 Extreme 4 board crapped out on me last week after getting the B3 replacement from newegg in March. Bought the original in January, Intel had the recall, Newegg sent me the B3 version. Rig was running fine then all of a sudden the computer just powered down like somebody yanked the power cord. At first I suspected the power supply but it passed the paper clip test. Unhooked every cable, did the 1 stick of RAM in slot 1, CPU, GPU but still nothing. No beeps, no lights, nada. I noticed the fan turns 1 centimeter and stops when I press the power button directly on the mobo. I use a tech-bench for my case so the mobo sits on rubber bumpers, no metal anywhere for a short. No burnt smell, no black marks anywhere to indicate a popped/fried transistor. Has to be the mobo or CPU. In my years building computers I've never, ever seen a bad/fried CPU but have seen my share of bad mobos, DOAs and flat-out failures.

I went to ASRock's USA website and was a little disappointed at the "you can only send us an email describing what's wrong" RMA option. I've built hundreds of computers over 12 years and have done more troubleshooting than all the Geek Squad employees at the local BB combined. Yet I have to do the dance with ASRock, fine. If anybody gets a number to customer support, please post it. Always faster getting things done via phone than email.

Literally the EXACT SAME problem for me. Had it for 6 weeks, watching a movie one night... boom. Dies, never to turn on again. Their shipping service takes a while (took mine a week), but their servicing seems to be quick.

How long did it take ASRock to respond to your initial email? Hasn't quite been 24 hours for me, just want to get it packed and shipped out. I'm looking at a minimum of 2 weeks downtime after shipping (cheapest possible), servicing and shipping back. Another miscellaneous question, did you just ship the board or everything (cables, manuals, etc)?

How long did it take ASRock to respond to your initial email? Hasn't quite been 24 hours for me, just want to get it packed and shipped out. I'm looking at a minimum of 2 weeks downtime after shipping (cheapest possible), servicing and shipping back. Another miscellaneous question, did you just ship the board or everything (cables, manuals, etc)?

It took them in the range of 4 days, but my board fried the Friday night of Memorial Day weekend, so technically, it only took 2 business days. I'd imagine they should get back to you within the next 24 hours.

You only ship the motherboard, and they email you the RMA request form, and the RMA form itself.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I know this thread is over a year old, but I found it searching for anyone who had experience with the Asrock RMA service. Thought that I would post their phone number for anyone in who needs it in the future. It is 909-590-8308. Once again, sorry for reviving a dead thread, but thought someone might find this useful.

-Brandon