ASRock RMA experience

iskout

Some of you might know that my ASRock P67 Extreme4 died on Memorial Day weekend (some 4 weeks ago). Well, I started my RMA process then, and it started off smoothly enough. It took them a couple of days to respond to my original RMA request form, but I chalked that up to it being a holiday weekend. I finally got my RMA set, and I was ready to ship it. I had to get up some funds so it was a few days before I was able to ship it. About 2 and a half weeks ago, I shipped the motherboard back to ASRock. They got it last Monday... and I haven't heard anything from them since.

On Thursday (3 business days after they'd received it, according to FedEx), I emailed them, politely asking about the status of my RMA. I gave them my RMA number and the tracking number for the package. I didn't get anything by today, so I emailed them again today. Their supposed turnaround time was 3-5 days, and I'm on day 7 with no kind of contact.

Hmmm, I had no issues with my RMA through them. It took about a week and a half, but most of that was shipping time. Best of luck, hope you hear something or get something in the mail soon.

Try giving them a call. I never have much luck with any kind of company's email based customer service.

I'd love to, but the only way to get in contact with Tech Support is to fill out some form or email them. The only phone numbers they have are for sales and marketing :(.

I'd love to, but the only way to get in contact with Tech Support is to fill out some form or email them. The only phone numbers they have are for sales and marketing :(.

Maybe they'll be able to connect you, if they are indeed a friendly company then they should be understanding and help you at least find out the status perhaps or if it arrived.

I just shipped mine in last week for an RMA, same company and model. I would rather not read this, but thanks for sharing your experience. It is good to have a heads up advantage, knowing about these things.

Good Luck with getting the issue all ironed out.

Maybe they'll be able to connect you, if they are indeed a friendly company then they should be understanding and help you at least find out the status perhaps or if it arrived.

I might try this tomorrow. I'm getting kind of frustrated: I haven't been able to properly enjoy SC2 yet, and I've had it since the Monday after my Desktop died :(

I just shipped mine in last week for an RMA, same company and model. I would rather not read this, but thanks for sharing your experience. It is good to have a heads up advantage, knowing about these things.

Good Luck with getting the issue all ironed out.

Hopefully, it's just a mixup that will be sorted out quickly. I'm sure yours will go smoothly. :)

I'd use any contact phone number you can get your hands on. Keep harassing them until they give you the number or get you to the right department to check the status of your RMA. Trust me, most of the folks in the sales department care about customer service, because that is one factor in future sales and/or repeat business. Since most sales folks work with some sort of commission plan in place, it's in their best interest to make sure potential or current customers are happy.

So, this has been the most uncommunicative RMA experience of my life. I still haven't gotten any kind of email, phone call, text message, blurb, anything back from ASRock.... but I did find a FedEx note on my back porch today, saying that I had a package waiting for me that I need to sign for. Since I don't know anyone other than ASRock that uses FedEx, I'm presuming it's them.

I hope so. That's still no excuse for not communicating though. I think that's a lost art. Most folks are more understanding of delays or problems if you just communicate with them. It's that dead silence when you've got a problem that you need resolved that drives me bananas. I mean really, is a phone call, txt, or email so hard.

In today's world with all the options for communication that we have - I think it's simply unexcusable.

I hope so. That's still no excuse for not communicating though. I think that's a lost art. Most folks are more understanding of delays or problems if you just communicate with them. It's that dead silence when you've got a problem that you need resolved that drives me bananas. I mean really, is a phone call, txt, or email so hard.

In today's world with all the options for communication that we have - I think it's simply unexcusable.

I agree, especially since I FINALLY got my email, and found that my board was shipped back to me on the 22nd. They included the tracking number, too. Is it really that hard to say "Your RMA has been serviced and shipped back to you, this is the tracking number"

Overall, I'd give ASRock's RMA a 6/10. They were very fast, considering my board died over a holiday weekend (I had the RMA number by that Tuesday), and they shipped my board back after 2 days of service time. Their communication during the process, however, was very poor and definitely needs some work. There's no reason to take 8 days to send a 5 line email (not full lines). For a few days, they had me thinking that I had shipped it to the wrong address (I Checked my receipt 4-5 times to make sure I was right lol), and that could have been avoided with a simple email.