Do I need extra fans in the HAF 912?

SkytTe

Hi there.

I'm considering buying either the NZXT Hades or the CM HAF 912 Plus case, but I have some dilemmas. I hope you guys can help me out.

I'll be going with a Phenom II X4 955 BE, an ASUS EAH6870 DC, 4 GB 1333MHz RAM, and i don't inted to OC any of my hardware.

The problem is.. The Hades has great air flow (4 pre-installed fans), where as the HAF 912 Plus lacks in comparison, having only 2 fans.

Will my system be able to run cool with the 912 Plus at stock ? I mean w/o having to install extra fans?

If yes, I'll be going with the 912 Plus, and if not, the Hades. The costs of extra fans in the 912 will simply be too expensive.

I know I can get an answer but testing it, but I don't got any of the hardware yet, so I'm not able to. I hope some of you are able to help me.

Your temps will be fine at stock. It has a front intake and back exhaust when you start I believe, and that is fine for a normal setup. You could add an extra exhaust for $5-$10 and it might improve airflow more, but your temps won't be majorly affected. If you were OC'ing, then the heat on your heatsink would be the limiting factor on your CPU temp- but at stock the 80mm fan is going to do the job fine even with minimal case airflow. As for the GPU, it'll be fine also... the 6870 runs nice and cool, and you can always just adjust the fan speed on it (via MSI Afterburner or Catalyst Software) and keep it cool.