Win 7 Gadgets will not load on startup

Shurman292

Hey OCC,

The three gadgets I have open all the time will not load upon restart of Windows. I have Windows 7 as the title mentions. If I right-click and open the gadgets, however, they will pop up.

I've tried the registry "fix" (setting "AllowElevatedProcess" to 1) and I have tried a Microsoft hotfix but it did not install on my computer due to compatibility issues. Do you guys have any other suggestions for me? I looked in msconfig and there are no options for services or startup items relating to gadgets or sidebar.

Thanks!

Mine randomly won't start if I OC *just* a little bit past stability. I also see them not start occasionally after Windows Update runs...sorry I can't help past that.

Mine randomly won't start if I OC *just* a little bit past stability. I also see them not start occasionally after Windows Update runs...sorry I can't help past that.

Yeah I know system stability plays a huge role in the way windows works, but it has been rock solid for at least 6 months. Then randomly it just stops working. Is it possible that I caught a virus or something? I am using Microsoft Security Essentials and nothing comes up when I do a complete system scan.