need help overclocking i7 950 bloomfield

I am new to building my own computer so i chose the rampage lll gene as my first mobo due to the fact it has an auto overclock feature. Im not sure how accurate it is, although it seems to work ok, but i would think manually entering your settings would be much more efficient in gaining what I want. Does anybody with this mobo or similiar like the rampage extreme containing the same or similar bios know how to help me acheive frequencies at or above 3.7 ghz? Even at 3.7 but more efficient. I would really appreciate any oc help, advice, saved settings that you guys or girls use. Thanks for your time i'm really looking forward to pushing my system and water cooler a little to see what it can do!

system (remember i'm fairly new!)

Asus rampage lll gene x 58 chipset

triple channel ocz reaper 1066 ddr3 = 12gb

(just for now) ati radeon hd 5770 gpu

i7 quad core 950 bloomfield 3.07 ghz

xspc rasa 750 liquid cooling w/ feser uv green fluid

xclio full tower case--------for a micro atx board! told you i was new! lol i bought a full tower cause i am new and wanted space to work.

This may be my down falls- 500w power supply NOT 80 plus!! didnt know at the time.

1 tb wd 7200 rpm sata 3? 6 gb a sec

Edited by rayabbott30

Here is another forum I helped kowon with some ram problems and overclocking. I took a lot of screenshots of my Asus r3e bios. At the end I posted the boards stock overclock from the bios and my 24/7 overclock.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=183582&st=12

Thank you. I have been using the same auto overclock setup our bios' use and now hope to get even higher speeds. I appreciate the help!

olokul, what are your idle temps? mine seem to be consistant around 31 celcius. I havnt run prime 95 yet to find full load temps but i want to make sure im not too hot already at idle. Also whats intels rating for how hot the processor can get before crapping out. thanks again.