First forray into liquid

I have never had any problems with anybody installing compression fittings. Bard l have seen leak tons of time. 10mins after install and 2-3 years down the road. As the O-rings dry out they crack which will lead to leaks. So this is why the plumers tape is its an other line of defense against leaks.

I've heard of a lot more people having issues with compression fittings coming loose than barbs + clamps. I have always heard mixed opinions on teflon tape or not with more leaning towards not using it since it makes the threads more slippery and requires a lot more mounting pressure (which ends up overcompressing O-rings).

It probably doesn't matter hugely either way though.

I've heard of a lot more people having issues with compression fittings coming loose than barbs + clamps. I have always heard mixed opinions on teflon tape or not with more leaning towards not using it since it makes the threads more slippery and requires a lot more mounting pressure (which ends up overcompressing O-rings).

It probably doesn't matter hugely either way though.

Thats so odd, as l have never hurd any problems with compression. Mind you compression has an o-ring as well. :mellow:

If hes buying all new stuff then tape is not a worry. But after the parts have been on/off a dozen times like mine have l put tape on them now as a few threads have a few dings on them some how. Plus l bought a used rad, and l did it for that as l have no idea how it was treaded. But its been working great now for over 6 months