New To Overclocking looking for tips

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on air and am at 4. With an H50 no problem :popcorn:

Thanks for the props, hey something else weird is going on ... im using HWMonitor to see mt temps and every core is reading 0 degrees celcius ive also tried CoreTemp with the same results... any suggestions????

hi guys im a guy whose used to ocing so this isnt the thread for me i know but i dont know how to make a thread this is my first time on OCclub

anyways i was ocing my ram (from 667 mhz ddr2 to 709 mhz ddr2) through BIOS then i loaded the win vista and the computer said that the file winload.exe didnt have a verifiable signature i restarted the computer went to BIOS and put the ram clocks back down to 667 mhz and vista worked fing again. dunno why it happened but i really wanna know why as my ram slows me down a bit from time to time

thanks in advance

my rig: CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 (GO) @2.4ghz GFX: ECS GT240 1GB DDR3: 550MHZ, 1340 MHZ, 700MHZ

RAM: SAMSUNG 1GB 667MHZ DDR2 KINGSTON 800MHZ 1GB DDR2

MOBO:ASUS P5QL PRO CHIPSET: INTEL EAGLELAKE P43 EXPRESS

HDD: SEAGATE BARRUCADA 500GB 7200RPM MONITOR: BENQ FP222W

Hey when i try and look at my cpu temp its reading as 0 degrees no matter what program i use do you have any suggestions

What programs are you using and what OS?

What does your bios temperature reading say?

Bios shows at 38 c

Ok so bios is showing the right temps. It sounds like the bios is blocking the programs from getting the sensors readings. Have you got the latest version of your board's bios?