Can you solve this OC

dtpbox

Before i begin i found this site by googleing my MB model number

O.K. This is what i got

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 2.1)

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

Memory: Patriot G series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Power Supply: APEVIA ATX-AQ700W-BK 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

Heatsink ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink

right now im sitting at 3.2ghz (STOCK SUCKS) and im wanting to overclock to about 3.5-4.0 GHZ but im stuck as far as what i need to do or if this is even possible for me to do without having to purchase new hardware

my memory reads on my post screen as 1066mhz ( so i would like to get this reading correctly as well)

my CPU-ID DUMP can be found here http://valid.canardp....php?id=1688784

THANKS FOR HELPING

im not sure what other information you would need but just let me know and i will do my best to get it for you

post-76214-12991665775321_thumb.jpg

post-76214-12991665917733_thumb.jpg

post-76214-12991665975148_thumb.jpg

Your memory is reading right. Its DDR = Double Data Rate. If you take the number you seen in DRAM Freq. then multiply it by 2, you will get something very close to 1066.

In the BIO's you should go ahead and manually set your RAM to its proper speeds. You have 1600mhz memory(800 will show in CPU-z) I dont know Gigabyte BIO's but you'll be looking for some setting alot the lines of memory divider, Memory Freq. or something like that.

I see you have a Aftermarket heatsink but im not familiar with it. So the first thing we need to is test your core temps with your heatsink and stock speed settings. You will need some form of temp monitoring program as well as a stress test application. My preferred programs are Prime95 and HWMonitor. If you have a 64-bit OS(Hope you do because you cant use more than 4GB of ram with a 32-bit) You can download the 64-bit version of prime95 on that page as well.

Install HWmonitor and unpackage prime95. Launch HWmonitor and find your 6 core temps(each core will have its own temp) Now launch prime95 and run a small FFT stress test on 6 threads/cores. After 15 minutes of prime95 we should be able to see what that heatsink is made of!! If at ANY point in time your core temps get to 60 degrees Celsius Stop the stress testing IMMEDIATELY as this is very close to the thermal thresh hold of your CPU(max temp for your Phenom II is 62c).

Report back with temps at stock settings and then maybe we can get started after that.

Your memory is reading right. Its DDR = Double Data Rate. If you take the number you seen in DRAM Freq. then multiply it by 2, you will get something very close to 1066.

In the BIO's you should go ahead and manually set your RAM to its proper speeds. You have 1600mhz memory(800 will show in CPU-z) I dont know Gigabyte BIO's but you'll be looking for some setting alot the lines of memory divider, Memory Freq. or something like that.

I see you have a Aftermarket heatsink but im not familiar with it. So the first thing we need to is test your core temps with your heatsink and stock speed settings. You will need some form of temp monitoring program as well as a stress test application. My preferred programs are Prime95 and HWMonitor. If you have a 64-bit OS(Hope you do because you cant use more than 4GB of ram with a 32-bit) You can download the 64-bit version of prime95 on that page as well.

Install HWmonitor and unpackage prime95. Launch HWmonitor and find your 6 core temps(each core will have its own temp) Now launch prime95 and run a small FFT stress test on 6 threads/cores. After 15 minutes of prime95 we should be able to see what that heatsink is made of!! If at ANY point in time your core temps get to 60 degrees Celsius Stop the stress testing IMMEDIATELY as this is very close to the thermal thresh hold of your CPU(max temp for your Phenom II is 62c).

Report back with temps at stock settings and then maybe we can get started after that.

OKAY per mercurydoun i would like to report the following from cpu-id HW monitor my core temps were sitting at 40 Degrees Celsius after my cpu temps reached 43 Degrees i boosted my fan speed to max to provide of course higher fan speeds and lower temp below i will include a screenshot and the only thing running with prime95 and the hardware monitor is norton and firefox

The temps after system cooldown but did not go above 41 Degrees Celsius but you can see the number of tests completed with # of errors or warnings

post-76214-12991717056999_thumb.jpg

Well the cooler looks to be holding up great!

Ive never actually overclocked a Phenom II. So lets see what i can do for you! And hopefully someone with more experience with AMD processors will chime in here before too long.

If your only looking for a mild overclock of 3.5~ish im pretty sure you can just jump into the BIO's, take advantage of your Black Edition CPU with unlocked multiplier and just up your multiplier 1 or 2. This will put you 3.4ghz or 3.6Ghz. I doubt you even need to change anything else as id imagine such a mild overclock will be quite stable on stock voltage.

Did you find out how to get your RAM at 1600mhz yet?

Well the cooler looks to be holding up great!

Ive never actually overclocked a Phenom II. So lets see what i can do for you! And hopefully someone with more experience with AMD processors will chime in here before too long.

If your only looking for a mild overclock of 3.5~ish im pretty sure you can just jump into the BIO's, take advantage of your Black Edition CPU with unlocked multiplier and just up your multiplier 1 or 2. This will put you 3.4ghz or 3.6Ghz. I doubt you even need to change anything else as id imagine such a mild overclock will be quite stable on stock voltage.

Did you find out how to get your RAM at 1600mhz yet?

No i have not yet changed my memory yet according to the voltage on the site it's 1.65 and in my bios that option is red so im really skeptical about changing to that value as well as the other options im not too sure about changing the timings or anything else i might post an image of that later not sure yet

No i have not yet changed my memory yet according to the voltage on the site it's 1.65 and in my bios that option is red so im really skeptical about changing to that value as well as the other options im not too sure about changing the timings or anything else i might post an image of that later not sure yet

Go ahead and post and imagine. Should be able to figure it out.

I dunno why 1.65v would be in the red. Thats nothing special... Lemme see if i cant find a good overclocking guide for you.