ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Graphics card?

hey guys just wondering i you guys know if the formula has onboard graphics as i could not find any info on this anywhere

im not planing to use them for to long just untill i get me 6970.

if it doesnt have onboard graphics it just means im going to have to wait longer

Ummm just look for any VGA or DVI connection built in with the board. If it doesn't have any then it doesn't have onboard graphics. You can do this with pictures.

Or just check newegg and see that it says "Onboard Video Chipset: None"... :rolleyes:

Ummm just look for any VGA or DVI connection built in with the board. If it doesn't have any then it doesn't have onboard graphics. You can do this with pictures.

Or just check newegg and see that it says "Onboard Video Chipset: None"... :rolleyes:

thanks Alexandre you are truly awsome as you wave replied to all of my posts

if you could please tell me PSU i will need to run this with these parts

NZXT phantom

AMD AM3 x6 1090T 3.20ghz phenom II

patriot Gamer2 PGD38G1333ELK 8GB(4GX2) DDr3 1333

Asus HD 6970

kingston 128GB ssd, seagate 3.5'' baracuda green 2TB

Asus Crosshair IV formula

+some form of blueray drive

i was going to go for a TX-650 or HX-650 is this ok or am i going to go bigger or with diffrent sockets/ports

thanks Alexandre you are truly awsome as you wave replied to all of my posts

if you could please tell me PSU i will need to run this with these parts

NZXT phantom

AMD AM3 x6 1090T 3.20ghz phenom II

patriot Gamer2 PGD38G1333ELK 8GB(4GX2) DDr3 1333

Asus HD 6970

kingston 128GB ssd, seagate 3.5'' baracuda green 2TB

Asus Crosshair IV formula

+some form of blueray drive

i was going to go for a TX-650 or HX-650 is this ok or am i going to go bigger or with diffrent sockets/ports

A good 550-650w with at least of 33A on the +12 volt rail could run your system with ease if you don't plan on getting a second 6970. The TX-650 has 53 A on the +12 volt rail and the HX-650 has 52A on the same rail so they will be fine.

If you do plan on getting a second 6970 then I would probably recommend getting a 750w PSU like the TX-750 or the HX-750 with at least 50 A on the +12 volt rails to give you more wiggle room for overclocking and adding other hardware.

Hope that was of help mate :)

A good 550-650w with at least of 33A on the +12 volt rail could run your system with ease if you don't plan on getting a second 6970. The TX-650 has 53 A on the +12 volt rail and the HX-650 has 52A on the same rail so they will be fine.

If you do plan on getting a second 6970 then I would probably recommend getting a 750w PSU like the TX-750 or the HX-750 with at least 50 A on the +12 volt rails to give you more wiggle room for overclocking and adding other hardware.

Hope that was of help mate :)

ok thanks alexandre im gona get a TX-650

By the way i just brought my nzxt phantom and asus crosshair IV formula

ok thanks alexandre im gona get a TX-650

By the way i just brought my nzxt phantom and asus crosshair IV formula

So you not planning on getting a second 6970 in the future? Because if you do then the TX-650w won't have enough 6+2 pin plugs for both cards like Paul said in your other thread. Go for the HX-650 or the TX-750.

Just curious as to why you asked about the PSU size in both threads?

• 2 weeks later...

So you not planning on getting a second 6970 in the future? Because if you do then the TX-650w won't have enough 6+2 pin plugs for both cards like Paul said in your other thread. Go for the HX-650 or the TX-750.

Just curious as to why you asked about the PSU size in both threads?

i asked about the PSU in this thred beacuse i was originaly going to get 1 6970 but then considered that 2 6870s will be better but think i might go with 1 6970 for the moment thnd get a HX-650 or a TX-750

and what do you recomend HT-650 or a TX-750 both about the same price so which 1 is better/more reliable

Edited by razablade117

Both have the same reliability and performance. I would go for the HX-650 if your not thinking of getting the second 6970 due to it being modular which makes your cable management easier. If you want to upgrade to two cards later then the 750 is the way to go.

Both have the same reliability and performance. I would go for the HX-650 if your not thinking of getting the second 6970 due to it being modular which makes your cable management easier. If you want to upgrade to two cards later then the 750 is the way to go.

thanks Alexandre im going to go for the TX-750 as i do wish to get another 6970 in the future