PCIexpress2 graphics card from amazon uk for HD blueray

graphics123

This adds nothing to the convo but the word "quid" makes me think of "squid" which in turn makes me think of calamari....mmmmm calamari...

quid is the colloquial word for british pounds,

I think quid is used because its quicker to say and clearer to hear, pound is a long vowel and a bit nasal.

with threekwid the kwid is unstressed, but with threepaunds both vowels are stressed,

ie quid is more of a declension than a separate word. people prefer expressions which are less effort.

try saying "twenty pounds" and then say "twenty quid", you'll see that the latter is more ergonomic.

fluent speech in any language is about ergonomics, about streamlined and smooth phonetics.

Now if you change the accent, the ergonomics can change! Thus if you spoke ergonomic british english

with an american accent it may become unergonomic!

for pence one usually just says the initial eg 50p is said fifty pea, again for the same reasons

that its less effort.

5 quid is called "a fiver", 10 quid a tenner, 1000 quid is a grand,

special expressions for other amounts tend to be regional and will sound wrong if you dont have

the regional accent.

now if you arent speaking with a british accent it could be better to say pence and pounds as

it can be incongruous to use an idiom without the right accent!

anyway, I'm going to start a new thread on the gfx card problem as the problem has changed and

someone who could help will be put off by the earlier stuff.