help!!!! first time ocer needs help with 980x i7 to st

breakdown

i just bought myself new hardware for my brand new spankin build im doin and need help with the down and dirty ocing hurahh!!:

c300 256gb ssd ,

fortress 02 case limited edition ,

580gtx 3gb palit,

980x i7 ,

h70 with sickle flow fans to replace default,

1200 modular coolermaster silent pro psu,

asus rampage 3 extreme mobo,

12gb dominator 1600 8.8.8.8.24 timing,

so now heres the deal i need advice better said someone with similar specs like the ram and mobo for example , i need advice to set exactly what in the bios to get a stable 4.5 ghz oc and would be nice to not have to go over 1.4 vcore as i heard its gona mess up youre cpu if it is , stable as in prime 95 and linx , ok ...thanks in advance ...btw been lookin all over the net for settings from people with the same hardware or similar and heard about setting the bus for memory to 3400 mhz or so for 1600 dominators is this correct btw ive seen people run em dominators at 7.7.7.7.20 timings is this with the same ones i use , appreciate all replies and help a brother out yall please!!!!...btw ill be using my laptop to check the settings while configuring my rig on my other display..oh and i see all kinds of settings some people setting the blck value at its default other raising it , then qpi etc. blah blah blah ...and others setting most of it all to auto ,,,damn confusing....need solid 24/7 settings !!!!...with ht on !!!..heard people turn ht off now why would you want to half the number of cores to youre exposure...facepalm me thinks...xD

p.s : im a hardcore gamer and modder and do some video and photo editing here and there too .just for the info...

main rig and new build:980x i7 default no oc as of yet, asus rampage 3 extreme, 12gb dominator 1600 8.8.8.8.24 , 580 gtx 3gb palit , 2tb hitachi, c300 256gb ssd ,fortress 02 limited edition case,h70 with sickle flow mod,1200 modular coolermaster 80+gold silent pro psu,27 inch tft benq 2700mh display,

laptop: satego x200-u21 : 2.2ghz 7500 duo core, 8700 512mb gtx gpu , onboard sound , 4gb ddr2 ram ,wuxga 17inch 1600x1050 screen,256gb ssd patriot,1tb hdd,etc etc etc..xD

Breakdown - first off welcome to the OCC.

There are literally hundreds of i7 980x o/c guides already out on the internet, so doubt that anyone is going to drop in and provide some specific settings for your particular combo. I personally think it's important to understand what you're changing, why, and what the potential results/risks are.

First off, start with a thorough understanding of voltages;

http://i4memory.com/f55/intel-core-i7-980x-guide-optimal-cpu-vtt-memory-voltage-voltages-uncore-memory-frequency-ratios-23430/#post129418

Second off, use an o/c calculator to help determine what potential bclks, qpi, memory and cpu multipliers might be a good fit;

http://www.mediafire.com/?otnnyqidn3w

first off, welcome to OCC.

I have to advise caution, it seems like you are looking for a specific set of values to input and have it just work. that is a recipe for disaster.

OC'ing is a process, you have to take it slow and test along the way or risk blowing up a big chunk of change. I dont have any experience OC'ing i7's, so I cant tell you what settings you should be looking at, but you should be aware that there is no guarantee of what OC you will be able to achieve (every chip is different) you can push it as far as it will go and no further.

thanks for the replys ill be waiting till someone that has a similar setup helps me out with his settings list i agree savan and wevvspot every oc is different thou if the settings or from a similar to same setup , 980x , asus rampage 3 extreme, 12 gb dominator 1600 mhz , then i hardly doubt theres much difference only difference would be vcore since some batches require more and others a bit less but by no means am i that much of a noob i know about vcore and safe frequencies, like 980x the max suggested vcore is 1.41, i know that , theres some running 1.375 at 4.5 ghz so what we need is some similar specd ocers to help me out with this , common you rampage 3 extreme owners help a bro out will ya ..harrr!!!..

http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-rampage-iii-extreme-review/10

That's as close as I could find. They used similar memory as well. It seems they went above your comfort zone for the vcore, but you can easily get a good start by trying a lower base clock and/or multiplier initially.

Do what they did:

Up your multiplier until it crashes, then up your vcore until it's stable. Then up your base clock until it crashes, and up your vcore until it's stable. Adjust as necessary until you're comfortable/happy.

BTW the info is out there and easily accessible. It just takes a simple google search and the willingness to scan the results. Put in the effort and you'll get rewarded.