Asus Rampage 3 Extreme + i7 920 - Need help

fearz

Hi,

I'm looking for an easy OC here, want to achieve 4.0 GHz with that CPU & Mobo, hoping to find someone with similar specs who can post his settings or bios template,

Thanks.

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Rampage 3 Extreme (Bios: 1005)

CPU: Intel i7 920 D0

GPU: 2x Galaxy 570 SLI + 1x XFX 280 PhysX (nVidia Driver 266.58)

PSU: Antec Quattro 1200W

RAM: 3x2GB OCZ Gold Edition 1600

LCD: 1x Asus 3D 23" + 1x Asus 23"

HDD: 1x VelociRaptor 160GB + 1x 500GB WD + 2x 320GB WD

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Elite Pro

Speakers: Logitech Z-5500

Mouse & Keyboard: Logitech G9 & Logitech MX5500

Mousepad: Razer eXactMat

Case: CoolerMaster HAF-X

Cooling: Corsair H50

It doesnt quite work that way... Every chip is different so what works for someone might not even post with you. Here is a awesome overclocking guide i used to get my 930 to 4.0ghz... After learning how to do a proper overclock, i was then able to push it all the way up to 4.5Ghz!

Using that guide i was able to get 4.0Ghz stable in about an hour... Id say start there. If you need more help beyond that, or trying to figure out some of the lingo in the guide or perhaps you just run into a problem im still more than happy to help. But whatever i or anyone else tells you as a "Template" might not work.

It doesnt quite work that way... Every chip is different so what works for someone might not even post with you. Here is a awesome overclocking guide i used to get my 930 to 4.0ghz... After learning how to do a proper overclock, i was then able to push it all the way up to 4.5Ghz!

Using that guide i was able to get 4.0Ghz stable in about an hour... Id say start there. If you need more help beyond that, or trying to figure out some of the lingo in the guide or perhaps you just run into a problem im still more than happy to help. But whatever i or anyone else tells you as a "Template" might not work.

:withstupid: The only way you can know if you chip can handle an overclock is if you try overclocking yourself :)

Here's another good overclocking guide if you get bored of the one MercuryDoun's suggested :teehee: