Uneven temps among CPU cores

yonyz

My temps between cores 0 and 1 and cores 2 and 3 are around 5 degrees C at all times - and that's under water. I wouldn't worry about it - it's likely due to the contact between your IHS and the actual CPU dies (because there are two of them in a C2Q). For safety's sake I always go by the single highest temperature for reference.

Also - I have run my Q6600 up to 85 C or so - I believe that's the max safe rated temperature from Intel (tjmax is either 95 or 105 depending on your chip though). Obviously it's lower now that I'm on water but when I had my Megahalems I could easily push into the low 80s under a heavy Linpack load.

Edited by Waco

Try running occt linpak on its lowest priority and 25% free memory on infinite and if its necessary back off the oc. This way your load will cycle on and off. If your still worried about it back off on the oc a bit and use core temps overheat protection and set it ay the point you want the computer ro . down or use occt's max temp setting to make sure.

You should be ok. What's the Q6600's tj max?

I got the "CPU TOO HOT!" warning after running it for 10 seconds. Two of the cores have reached 80 degrees (!). I also enabled the 64-bit setting, if it matters.

As for the Q6600's TJ.Max, it's 90.

Edit: I re-ran the test without the 64-bit settings and it's been stable for 3 minutes so far. How long should I have it run?

Edited by yonyz