Haf 932 - WC setup checkup

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO REV2 Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir 3/8IN & 1/2IN Barb Fittings

Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded

Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs

Swiftech APOGEE XT LGA1366 CPU Water Block G1/4 Chrome HI-FLOW 1/2IN Eurostyle Barb Fittings

Swiftech APOGEE XT Hold Down Adapter Plate for Mounting On LGA771/AM2/AM3

Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT UV Green 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet)

Quick question about fittings:

Decided to go with compression fittings.

First question: With this set do I need 8 of them?

Also, instead of a kill coil I was just gonna get a couple true silver compression fittings. Will that suffice?

Thanks everyone.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO REV2 Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir 3/8IN & 1/2IN Barb Fittings

Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded

Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs

Swiftech APOGEE XT LGA1366 CPU Water Block G1/4 Chrome HI-FLOW 1/2IN Eurostyle Barb Fittings

Swiftech APOGEE XT Hold Down Adapter Plate for Mounting On LGA771/AM2/AM3

Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT UV Green 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet)

Thanks for all the help guys.

Ordered the above parts, along with a couple of fans, and some true silver compression fittings for 350 bucks.

Can't wait to get all this stuff and post pics!

Decided to go with compression fittings.

I've heard horror stories about compression fittings - personally I'd just save the money and go with the tried and true barbs + hose clamps.

You won't run into any clearance issues with those parts - I have 38 mm fans in push/pull on my rad and it fits just fine in the top of the 932. :)

Here's my build: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=178827&st=0&p=1850945entry1850945

Edited by Waco

instead of a silver kill coil would silver fittings work the same way?

Not sure about this, but since the silver coils are so cheap I prob wouldn't risk it! Either way, silver coil or PT Nuke, and you can be sure nothing will be alive in your loop ;)

Posted this question in the Cases section as well but maybe some watercooling gods can help me out here.

My friend with an 800d wants to switch cases cuz he doesn't wanna do WC.

What does everyone think of that case, and will the parts that I have ordered even fit in there nicely?

Lemme know what you think thanks.

That case is awesome.

Your parts should fit just fine, though you might need to get a Swiftech RadBox to mount the radiator out of the back. I'm not sure if your radiator will fit mounted on top, though it's possible.

Edited by iskout