First OC Step today

So, I am finally giving my 950 the respect it deserves and getting it up to an honorable clock level. As you are all well aware, I'm still a bit of a nub, so I am going to post up my progress so you guys can let me know how I am doing.

Since my fan game isn't tight yet, I am going to stop at 3.5 GHz for right now. I have 2 KazeMaru2 140mm's and 3 S-Flex 120s showing up by the end of the week, and I am going to push 4GHz this weekend or next week.

Anyhow, below are the temps and stats after an hour of P95. The temps are probably on the high side, but again, I am working on the cooling. Also, I think I have a little headroom in the voltage, so I might be able to push that down a couple notches.

Does everything look okay, or do I need to fix something?

post-74423-12941891478653_thumb.png

post-74423-12941891583737_thumb.png

Those are still some higher than average temps. You should be seeing load temps in the 64C's at those settings.

Yeah, I figured. This is my hypothesis:

In the 800D there is one sub-par 140mm Fan as an intake on the very bottom, and an equivalent fan as exhaust at the rear, so you have hot air from the PSU chamber and GPU rising into the CPU cooler and then warm air from the cooler stagnating and slowly drifting out of the top, since the Noctua fans are pushing more air than the exhaust fan can handle. Additionally, I have my computer on my desk (no room on the floor) so it isn't getting the coldest air that it can.

My plan is to replace the two stock fans with Scythe Kaze Maru2 Slipstream 90CFM 140s, both intake, turn the CPU cooler to face into the case, and place three S-Flex 60CFM 120s to exhaust out of the top of the case.

Yeah, I figured. This is my hypothesis:

In the 800D there is one sub-par 140mm Fan as an intake on the very bottom, and an equivalent fan as exhaust at the rear, so you have hot air from the PSU chamber and GPU rising into the CPU cooler and then warm air from the cooler stagnating and slowly drifting out of the top, since the Noctua fans are pushing more air than the exhaust fan can handle. Additionally, I have my computer on my desk (no room on the floor) so it isn't getting the coldest air that it can.

My plan is to replace the two stock fans with Scythe Kaze Maru2 Slipstream 90CFM 140s, both intake, turn the CPU cooler to face into the case, and place three S-Flex 60CFM 120s to exhaust out of the top of the case.

i put 110 cfm fans all around the machine. Ofcourse connected to a controller.

i put 110 cfm fans all around the machine. Ofcourse connected to a controller.

I want to install a fan controller, but I want one with a temp display and can't find one that works well and doesn't look like it belongs in a 16 year old vietnamese kid's honda civic.

Dont. save a high end gpu exhaust, that is going to be the hottest air in your case. DONT PUSH IT BACK IN. Your temps will be even worse.

Actually, despite logic, it doesn't. Check out Tropical's thread:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=180408

Now, one methodology issue with that, the temps were not read with a load on the GPU, so taking temps while using 3dMark or playing games would be more accurate.

EDIT: I have reduced my voltage to 1.22, it is rock solid and brought the temps down 2-3C. I am going to see if I can work it down to 1.2 tonight

Edited by alexonfyre