E8400 OC issues.

iskout

I don't think so, since my ambient is about 30C in my room (Not by choice, my room gets hot, the rest of my house is freezing.)

It idles at around 36-37, even then.

And, I have to use my motherboards sensor for my temp (I use HWMonitor for that) since my CPU's temperature sensor doesn't detect below 42C (An issue I've had since I got it)

If I go by what my CPU temperature sensor says, I don't go above 49C and my average load is around 47C. not sure how accurate that is, though.

Edited by iskout

i'm using hw monitor as well and our temps are on par with each other. which shouldn't be the case as i have a broken pump and 3 extra heat sources.

consider that intel says ~60C is the temp limit and you're on high end water cooling and you're getting close to hitting that mark.

well, 3.8 isn't too much overclock for E8400, it can handle it on default voltage. I got mine OC to 4.4 @ 1.36v in cpuz(bios showing over 1.38v). Even I doubt that temperature is issue at that speed as well. Just keep watching if it crashes again and maybe bump timings to 5s.

good luck

well, 3.8 isn't too much overclock for E8400, it can handle it on default voltage. I got mine OC to 4.4 @ 1.36v in cpuz(bios showing over 1.38v). Even I doubt that temperature is issue at that speed as well. Just keep watching if it crashes again and maybe bump timings to 5s.

good luck

did that, and i kept my speed below 800MHz, at 2.1v. It runs just fine at 3.6, but anything past that (Even 3.65) it has issues with. I'm wondering if my chip just doesn't like being OC'd

Also, while I was in my BIOS, I check out my system monitor panel. It has my MCP at 76c

anyone know if that's a little too hot?

did that, and i kept my speed below 800MHz, at 2.1v. It runs just fine at 3.6, but anything past that (Even 3.65) it has issues with. I'm wondering if my chip just doesn't like being OC'd

Also, while I was in my BIOS, I check out my system monitor panel. It has my MCP at 76c

anyone know if that's a little too hot?

that MCH Core(northbridge) has way too much voltage(you posted 1.45), default is ~1.1v, I got mine on 1.22v(well on my GB EP45-UD3R board), maybe thats causing overheating of chipset and even some mosfets

Edited by DrTiCool

that MCH Core(northbridge) has way too much voltage(you posted 1.45), default is ~1.1v, I got mine on 1.22v(well on my GB EP45-UD3R board), maybe thats causing overheating of chipset and even some mosfets

actually, I misread my voltages. That was my MCP, not my northbridge

Edited by iskout

Okay, I reset CMOS, changed my RAM voltage to 2.1, timings 4-4-4-15.

Northbridge: 1.3 (tried 1.25, wouldn't get past my desktop screen before shut down)

VCore: 1.35

FSB: 1.4

RAM: 2.1

everything else is default

and that did not work.

Edited by iskout

Okay, I reset CMOS, changed my RAM voltage to 2.1, timings 4-4-4-15.

Northbridge: 1.3 (tried 1.25, wouldn't get past my desktop screen before shut down)

VCore: 1.35

FSB: 1.4

RAM: 2.1

everything else is default

and that did not work.

ok one more thing I had problem when overclocking above 4ghz was ram issue, exactly with those Reapers 2x2gb 1066, those rams were pretty picky on GB boards, after updating BiOS to latest release they started working fine, hope it may help

ok one more thing I had problem when overclocking above 4ghz was ram issue, exactly with those Reapers 2x2gb 1066, those rams were pretty picky on GB boards, after updating BiOS to latest release they started working fine, hope it may help

well, I have the most recent BIOS, and I have no hope of getting a new one; BFG is defunct now.

I'll survive with my 3.6. Might borrow my friend's OCZ Platinum 1066 set just to see what happens.

Hey, yeah, so funny story....

Turns out, I mounted my waterblock wrong, and have it 90 degrees from where it should be (according to swiftech), which explains Battery's points about my temps.

I just bought some UV Green tubing and I'll be getting some new HydrX by monday, so I'll fix it then (If I rotated it now, it would screw up my tubing really badly, potentially not leaving enough room between it and my rad)