Cooling Solutions

I am Runnign a Duron 1Ghz on a K7ADA Mother Board.  My system is constantly running hot.  I currently have my window open to our Northern Michigan winter to keep my temp down in order to use this machine.  I am going to purchase a better heatsink, but my question lies with the fan.  I see all these monstrous fans available but they all tell me to hook up to the 4-pin plug from my power supply.  Will I lose my ability to monitor my CPu temp if I do this.  A tech guy at Soyo told me if I don't use the 3-pin plug from the mother board, I'll lose all that info.  I was also wondering about these adapters that run the yellow wire back into the 3-pin plug on the mother board.  Is that yellow wire carrying all that vital info?  Any help would be much appreciated.

First off.. fans.. Buy Delta... they will cool anything..

Heatsink.. I would get a Swiftec MCX462..

major 0wnage buddy..

the 3pin connector to your motherboard will moniter your fan RPMs and on a 4 pin.. I dont belive it will do that.. Its not the wires that have anything to do with it.. its just the 3pin on the motherboard, that can sense the speeds n crap..

and I know I can run the delta fan off the 3 pin on the mobo.. so you should be fine... www.plycon.com has delta fans.. there kinda expensive.. but the 80mm shoot out like 80cfm.. w00t!

hope that helps..