Sound Card and speaker system advice

imMune

Hey guys, i'm in the market for a soundcard and am deciding between these 2: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium . Which one is better for mainly music (trance, dubstep, rap/hip hop) and light light gaming? Also, I want to know if you guys would reccomend this budget 5.1 speaker set up: Logitech Z506. Is it reliable and does it have strong bass? Thanks a lot

Hey guys, i'm in the market for a soundcard and am deciding between these 2: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium . Which one is better for mainly music (trance, dubstep, rap/hip hop) and light light gaming? Also, I want to know if you guys would reccomend this budget 5.1 speaker set up: Logitech Z506. Is it reliable and does it have strong bass? Thanks a lot

I have the earlier model Logitech x530 speakers and they have ok base and have certainly been reliable. Your suggested one has similar specs and look very similar so probably will be fine but i have to say, why go to the trouble of getting a decent sound card and then put budget speakers on it.

hmm, thats kind of true, do you have any suggestions for good speakers that are at a good price?

I've always thought the best way to use the add on cards would be to plug it into your home hifi/home theatre system instead.

I myself have been happy enough with on board audio and cheaper 5.1 speakers for gaming. If I was listening to music I would build a HTPC and integrate that to the home theatre instead.

I would get the ASUS, it will definitely be better for music/movies than the Creative since the latter is specifically for gaming. If you can afford it, I have heard nothing but great things about the Logitech Z-5500.