New to overcloockinng

reezer

hi guys i think i posted in the wrong section:D sorry:D anyway im trying to overclock my amd x3 440. my target is 3.4gh-3.6gh. But my computer crashes at about 3.1 gh and the thing is i cant raise my vcore anymore at 1.4 it seems that it was locked.

my specs are:

proc: athlon 2 x3 440

mobo: emaxx 880g-fxn

vc; pc 4770

psu: ocz stalth x stream 2

cooler: xigmatek dark knight

ram: ddr2 kingston pc-6400. 4gb

what are the possible culprits why cant i have a successful overclock? I would really love your help masters.

hi guys i think i posted in the wrong section:D sorry:D anyway im trying to overclock my amd x3 440. my target is 3.4gh-3.6gh. But my computer crashes at about 3.1 gh and the thing is i cant raise my vcore anymore at 1.4 it seems that it was locked.

my specs are:

proc: athlon 2 x3 440

mobo: emaxx 880g-fxn

vc; pc 4770

psu: ocz stalth x stream 2

cooler: xigmatek dark knight

ram: ddr2 kingston pc-6400. 4gb

what are the possible culprits why cant i have a successful overclock? I would really love your help masters.

Possible culprits are Power supply, memory, Voltages and heat but we cant tell as we need more info. What settings/voltages etc are you using? How many whats is your PSU? Memory timings?

More info needed before we can help. :)

Possible culprits are Power supply, memory, Voltages and heat but we cant tell as we need more info. What settings/voltages etc are you using? How many whats is your PSU? Memory timings?

More info needed before we can help. :)

my temps are 23 Cel at idle and 35 at load when playing games. i have a 600 w psu. my core voltage is at 1.4 but i cannot change it my small increments because in my bios vcore option is just i 1.4 max. but there is an option to change the working voltage of the cpu at 1.45. I haven't played with memory timings yet because i read somewhere to do the cpu first and when stable play with the memory timings. But my ram is only ddr2 at 400 mhz. I may be wrong, but im inclined to think that either my ram or my mobo is hindering my oc:D

Edited by reezer