Corsair XMS 3 Overclocking

I just thought these results were strange. I am not looking to go higher than these clocks but if someone could explain to me these results it would take a load off my mind.

Ok so I bought 4 2gb sticks of this ram for my girlfriend gaming rig. I meant to just buy 2 4gb sticks but I made a mistake and ordered the wrong ones. That aside I was testing them yesterday in my system and I got some interesting results.

The stock settings for this ram are 1333MHz with latency's of 9-9-9-24

I could get them to overclock to 1500mhz on 1.6v with 9-9-9-24

I didn't try for 1550 but I don't see why these hitting 1600mhz would have been a problem.

1600mhz was seemingly unreachable even with 1.7v and 1.3v on the QPI with the other memory settings on auto even at 12-12-12-28.

At stock speed I could not get the system to post with any latency lower than 9-9-9-24. Anything lower simply would fail post even at 1.7v

Edited by gabrieltessin

I just thought these results were strange. I am not looking to go higher than these clocks but if someone could explain to me these results it would take a load off my mind.

Ok so I bought 4 2gb sticks of this ram for my girlfriend gaming rig. I meant to just buy 2 4gb sticks but I made a mistake and ordered the wrong ones. That aside I was testing them yesterday in my system and I got some interesting results.

The stock settings for this ram are 1333MHz with latency's of 9-9-9-24

I could get them to overclock to 1500mhz on 1.6v with 9-9-9-24

I didn't try for 1550 but I don't see why these hitting 1600mhz would have been a problem.

1600mhz was seemingly unreachable even with 1.7v and 1.3v on the QPI with the other memory settings on auto even at 12-12-12-28.

At stock speed I could not get the system to post with any latency lower than 9-9-9-24. Anything lower simply would fail post even at 1.7v

Hi, very strange i have the same DDR3 ram and have no issue

Push it at 1,65v, i can go to 1600mhz

What is your full configuration thanks

Tony

I used it with an i5 750, 4 sticks of XMS 3 ram, Gigabyte 1156 P55 UD3 Motherboard, ATI 5770, Corsair 650watt PSU.

Well it is going to be in a AM3 rig with an Athlon X4 640 so chances are it wont be over clocked too much in the future but I still thought it was odd.

Edited by gabrieltessin