Asus AT3IONT-I can't overclock

oberseeler

Hello everyone

I’m new here in this forum.

I was very interested in this motherboard: asus at3iont-i and found a test here:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_at3ionti_deluxe/6.htm

I had bought the board, but actually i can't overclock. The board says every time: overclocking failed.

What can i do?

I’ve tried to us the different profiles (20%, 30%).. without any luck...

RAM: Kingston 2x2GB Kit, DDR3-1333, CL9

Edited by oberseeler

I can't say that this board is one that should or could be overclocked. You'd need a big board with an actual CPU n stuff.

You could try updating the BIOS and see if that helps, though I doubt it. Also download Core Temp or some other monitoring program to see what kind of temperatures the CPU and board are running at. Pretty hot I'd say seeing how there is no fan in the heatsink.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

As it happans, I've overclocked my AT3IONT-I yesterday. Last week I tried the auto-overclocking tool in the bios (+5%, 10%, 15%... etc.) I had read on various fora it could be done 'till just over 2GHz.

But allas: the auto overclocking just gave me a meager boost of 120ish MHz.

That was last week. Yesterday, however, I did some more reading, and found that instead of the auto profiles, mannually overclocking yields much better results. I first tried just increasing the FSB (un-linked) speed and eureka: that made the trip from 533MHz to 710 without problems, while leaving things like voltages etc in auto mode.

The memory clocks speeds, however, are a bit less flexible. The AT3IONT-I supports 1066MHz DDR3 RAM (so your 1333 will just run at 1066). I've been able to increase it's speed by less than 20MHz (though increasing it's lattencies/timings ... might be better to restore that too default). But that's ok, since with an Atom system, the bottleneck is and always will be the IO CPU.

My system runns now at +/- 2.1GHz and it seems stable enough, though I don't really now how to check The temperatures are quite good: the MB is slightly hotter now, which is to be expected with a raised voltage. the Core1, however, is acting odd: it dropped 10 degrees C in temp while Core2 has remained stable at 48 degrees.

Odd, but worth it: the system 'feels' more responsive and certain task whichused to eat a bigger chunk of cpu time can do with less, now (like Vuze, a torrent clinet: from 25-30ish % of cpu useage to 15-22 %).

So to make a long story short: it can be done. Look for yourself: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1525073

Cheers!

Hello everyone

I’m new here in this forum.

I was very interested in this motherboard: asus at3iont-i and found a test here:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_at3ionti_deluxe/6.htm

I had bought the board, but actually i can't overclock. The board says every time: overclocking failed.

What can i do?

I’ve tried to us the different profiles (20%, 30%).. without any luck...

RAM: Kingston 2x2GB Kit, DDR3-1333, CL9