Hello OCC

Llucid311

Hey guys!! I've been digging through these forums for the past month or so while I've been assembling my first pc in like 10 years, Lots of good info here I'd like to thank all the contributors. I use this computer mostly for gaming, adobe cs4 and maya/blender. Ive already got a decent OC on my cpu/gpu but would like to push the processor a bit more perhaps to 4 or 4.2 but I'm temperature limited and need a better cooling solution.

My hardware / current settings

Processor

I5 760 @ 3.8 ( prime95/Intelburntest stable)

200X19

Vcore 1.225

IMC 1.15

PLL 1.8

Ram 1.65

Turbo/speedstep/powersavingfeatures: OFF

Cooling: ThermalTake SIlent 1156

Case: NZXT Lexa S (threw an extra fan on top for a total of 2 in 3 out)

Mobo: Asus P7P55D Pro

Ram: Corsair XMS3 1600

Graphics: EVGA GTX 465 @ 772/1545/1865

My cores idle at 40/39/39/38 and hit a max of 59/60 after a night of starcraft 2 on ultra settings, those temps don't scare me but prime95 and the burn test bring me over 80c which I realize I'll never hit in daily use but would still like load temps to be much lower. Im basically looking for input on which cpu cooler to upgrade to and any comments/advice on my oc settings. If you need anymore info let me know, Thanks in advance!

Edit: since this post i got a CM hyper 212+ with an extra fan for push/ pull, some shin etsu and also added another front intake fan. I have since oc up to 4.4 before temps became an issue, at my daily oc of 4.0 i idle at 32-36 P95 load of 60-64, IBT i hit 75, hasn't gone past 54 during normal use and ambient is 23 deg C for a reference

Overall i'm extremely pleased with my new set up :)

Edited by Llucid311

• 2 weeks later...