How do I set up my bios for best performance

fbm211

I just did a rebuild using the MSI P55-GD65 motherboard with an i7 870 cpu and 4g of viper II sector 5 DDR3 mem.

So far it runs best in default.The only bios tweak done was to get the memory to 1600.And after a couple days I tried the OC genie and not only did my temps shoot up 20c the overall performance was SLOWER.All it did was lower the multiplier and increase the fsb to around 150.

Any one have this setup and could tell me what changes to make in order to get a stable oc and outperform turbo mode which is running the system @3.6ghz.

Thank You.

Yeah I have the same mother board and to be completely honest, the OC Genie is crap. I don't even us the MSI overclocking software they provide. I have an I7-875k and in order to overclock mine, it took me well over 5 hours of making small adjustments. your best bet would be to make changes and then boot to ensure a stability, and reboot back into bios to fix unstable builds, or to further adjust voltages. the board is real temperamental, and I'd definitely keep away from the MSI mobos

Im just wondering if I shhould disable eist.C1,turbo and whatever else I need to do to get it to 3.6bhz-4.0ghz setting it up in the bios rather than some utility.

by the sound of it, it seems you are using the stock cooler, am i right? If so you'll have to invest in an aftermarket cooler if you want to those kinds of overclocks.

Oh and if you aren't using the stock cooler, then i'd double check to make sure its fitted properly because that increase in temperatures is way too high