Advices on overclocking

Cor7ez

I tested with success three different configuration.

3.6GHz 450FSB VCore 1.4V NB 1.49V FSB 1.34V Max temperature near the end of the 30 minutes stress test 70°C

3.4GHz 425FSB VCore 1.35V NB 1.45V FSB 1.3V Max temperature near the end of the 30 minutes stress test 63°C

3.2GHz 400FSB VCore 1.3V NB default FSB default Max temperature near the end of the 30 minutes stress test 60°C

My opinion is that the 425FSB conf. is the one to choose. Your advices?

Done this....Is this machine more OCable without a better cooling?There are some other tests that deserves to be done?

Well, I'd also say that the 425fsb is the one to let it chill at... at least for now. If you somehow end up with some extra cash u could get a better cooler and overclock even more. Though for now 425fsb with a temp of 63°C is as far as you should be going.

All that's left now is to test the new overclock for 12 hours, using the stress tester of your choice and if all goes well, you're rock solid.

Well, I'd also say that the 425fsb is the one to let it chill at... at least for now. If you somehow end up with some extra cash u could get a better cooler and overclock even more. Though for now 425fsb with a temp of 63°C is as far as you should be going.

All that's left now is to test the new overclock for 12 hours, using the stress tester of your choice and if all goes well, you're rock solid.

Tested 12h and it's ok. The max temperature was 65°C. Do you think I can run this 24/7 or near (poweroff in the night if don't download)?Idling the temperatures are stable around 45°C.

Tested 12h and it's ok. The max temperature was 65°C. Do you think I can run this 24/7 or near (poweroff in the night if don't download)?Idling the temperatures are stable around 45°C.

Yes, it's going to be just fine, even more if you could increase your fan's speed some more unless you mind the noise.

Though with OCCT the CPU is stressed 100%, plus you did it for 12 hours. This is an almost impossible real life situation which you will probably never reproduce with any sort of work or game. This test is only to make sure that the CPU is as stable as it is when it was on stock speeds, nothing else. What all this means is that you can leave your PC on for as long as you like without any sort of problems.

GJ on your successful overclock!

Cool!

Many thanks to you and your helpful explanations!!

See you playing starcraft II! I'll give you my account name once I create it if you don't mind! :)

Thanks again.

Cool!

Many thanks to you and your helpful explanations!!

See you playing starcraft II! I'll give you my account name once I create it if you don't mind! :)

Thanks again.

Any timez dude. Glad I could help.

I probably won't be able to actually play Starcraft II until mid August when I get back to Canada cuz I'm on this slow laptop for the vacation, but we can totally play some games later on.