overclocking amd system

m_ani3

What's In My Cart? What's In My Cart?

Remove Product(s) Qty. Total

ASRock 880G Extreme 3 ATX MB, AMD 880G+ SB850 Chipset, 5.2 GT/s, DDR3 1800(O.C.), PCI-E 2.0, Int VGA, SATA3, RAID, GbE LAN, 8ch audio, USB3.0, ASRock 880G Extreme 3 ATX MB, AMD 880G+ SB850 Chipset, 5.2 GT/s, DDR3 1800(O.C.), PCI-E 2.0, Int VGA, SATA3, RAID, GbE LAN, 8ch audio, USB3.0,

AU$131.67

IKONIK Ra 2000 Black Full Tower Case with window, No PSU, ATX/Micro ATX/E-ATX, full aluminum body, screwless design IKONIK Ra 2000 Black Full Tower Case with window, No PSU, ATX/Micro ATX/E-ATX, full aluminum body, screwless design

AU$154.77

750W \"Aywun\" MEGA POWER ECO Series A1-750E Power Supply, Peak Power 750W, 80 PLUS, 140mm fan, 2 x 6+2pin, 2 x 6-pin PCIE connectors 750W \"Aywun\" MEGA POWER ECO Series A1-750E Power Supply, Peak Power 750W, 80 PLUS, 140mm fan, 2 x 6+2pin, 2 x 6-pin PCIE connectors

AU$92.95

A-RAM 4GB KIT ( 2 x 2GB) DDR3 PC-10600 (1333MHz), ICE, 240-pin RAM , with heatsink, non-ECC CL9, high performance IC, CL9-9-9-24 A-RAM 4GB KIT ( 2 x 2GB) DDR3 PC-10600 (1333MHz), ICE, 240-pin RAM , with heatsink, non-ECC CL9, high performance IC, CL9-9-9-24

AU$144.38

Sub-Total: AU$523.77

Continue Shopping Checkout

i have got a amd phenom II x2 550( using the mobo to unlock the hidden cores, as per the mobo's manufacturers website)

and have a xigmatech dark knight cpu cooler.... and have an HIS radeon 5770,

my wuestions are

1) will my computer bw bottlenecked?

2)what oc speed can i expect? have been stable at 3.7 atm and stable using amd fusion.... but i am upgrading my whole system....except my cpu cos i wanna give unlocking the cpu core thing, if that fails i will upgrade my cou in due course... as i am on a tight budget

I have had a 550 that the cores would unlock... But after that stable not so much. Even with the proper cores on/off it would not overclock 5 FSB. There is a reason besides limited availability of quad core 945's 955's 940's that drives those chips to being a locked up quad core. That being said if the silly thing will OC at all. or unlock the cores is never a real guarantee. Most of them do but there are duds. I know a 955 C3 stepping getting 3.7 would be an average oc for it but they have been known to dig deeper into 4 on occasion.

All you can do is push it till you find its peak. that will be the tell tale. But if I were you I would keep the board you have and try out a quad chip.

I have had a 550 that the cores would unlock... But after that stable not so much. Even with the proper cores on/off it would not overclock 5 FSB. There is a reason besides limited availability of quad core 945's 955's 940's that drives those chips to being a locked up quad core. That being said if the silly thing will OC at all. or unlock the cores is never a real guarantee. Most of them do but there are duds. I know a 955 C3 stepping getting 3.7 would be an average oc for it but they have been known to dig deeper into 4 on occasion.

All you can do is push it till you find its peak. that will be the tell tale. But if I were you I would keep the board you have and try out a quad chip.

thanks for your input boinker... the reason i am upgrading is mainly go have ddr3 and able to go crossfire, i was told that the 550 wont be good enough to play new games

this is my currewnt sys spec

asus m4n78 2se

2 gb ram ddr2 800

and the above components...

so a black edition quad 955 will set me back 190 which is my monthly budget so i guess i will be upgrading to a quad core..

but generally will my above lisr be good for overclocking?